did Celebrity ever do towel animals?

porrah

We haven't had towel animals for years since sailing Celebrity, but on our June Constellation cruise we returned one night to swans. Once our steward knew we enjoyed it we returned to find them in our room at least another 5 or 6 times on our 12 night cruise. One was even a monkey with a Qtip in his month like a cigarette. Next day our cabin steward teased us that he heard someone was "smoking" in our cabin last night. it was all fun, but wouldn't not cruise because we didn't have a towel animal. Sounds like it really does depend on the steward (if he knows how to make them and has time). No kids in our cabin either, unless you consider my husband and me kids at heart!

Edited by micruiser12

I think towel animals are very cute, especially when they incorporate a personal belonging...monkeys hanging with my sunglasses on, things like that. One of the best classes my daughter took while cruising in her early teens was an animal towel class. She still has the how-to-book :)

On the other hand, if I don't get any it certainly doesn't take anything away from my cruise and in no way, shape or form do I consider it any bearing on my steward. Lousy? That's a bit tough:eek:

We have rarely seen towel animals on X. We came back to our cabin and there was a couple on the bed. It was a nice surprise.

Later in the evening as we were getting ready to shower we seen that there were no towels. We called the hot line to get some towels. They were delivered about 15 minutes later.

The next day we told the cabin attendant that he forgot to leave us towels and that we had to call the service desk. He looked at us and said that he didn't forget our towels and pointed to the animals. We felt a little foolish because On the other lines those were in addition to the regular towels.

On our last Carnival cruise one morning every chair around the pool had a towel animal on it and everyone was different. Surprisingly no one removed them or tried to claim a chair for a rather long time until the real animals took over and then it back to the typical....

I think this became part of the problem, at least that's how it was explained to us. All the towels plus the towel animals had to be laundered which increased the work load and the water usage. Plus, many people kept the towel animals on display in their cabins for the week which created a towel shortage.

I am one that would just as soon not have them unless I was traveling with small children.

We did get a book on making towel animals and one cruise had a towel animal waiting for the cabin attendant each night.

In two Celebrity Cruises we have only had a towel animal once... Solstice 2012, it was the last night, and we came back to the cabin to find a monkey hanging next to the bed. I admit he was cute and brought a smile to my face... And a nice touch by our FANTASTIC Steward on our last night. But I could have easily done without... Certainly did not miss the towel animals on our Summit Cruise in 2013.

Personally, I am in the camp that thinks they are found more on other lines where there are kids & families in greater numbers.

Sure they are cute, and perhaps an added extra... But they take time to make. If I was in a cabin with kids I would appreciate them a whole lot more. With the short visits that Cabin Stewards make for turn down as it is, I much prefer that my grown up expectations are met... The stuff that I really value from Celebrity... Ya know the "Modern Luxury" concept.... Room Prep - Blinds Closed, Dishes & Garbage gone, Bathroom Prep - Clean Towels, Soap & Amenities Checked / Refilled, Beach Towels Delivered, Ice, Water, Turn Down (including Chocolates... Those I will miss), and the necessary paperwork for my next day.

If those things for my comfort are not done... Then I will notice, and not be fully relaxed / happy. No amount of towel animals is going to fix the fact that I am missing REAL stuff I need and may have to go in search of.

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

I was surprised to find this jelly fish on the bed when we returned to our room. I didn't think Celebrity had towel animals. I wonder what they use for the eyes now that the pillow chocolates have been eliminated.

335bc7b650d9075ae8d99f90b82bfd4d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Many, many nights on Celebrity with no towel animals and now start to see them more.

We always tell our steward the first time we see a towel animal to go ahead and not make them for our room. We've seen them all, sometimes multiple times, and would rather the steward increase their time off rather than the time it takes to make a towel animal. This especially is true since they have increased the work load for stewards. If you are sailing with children, though, their first time(s) with the animals is pretty special!

Would rather they re-instate some of the things they have eliminated rather than add towel animals. Of course towel animals cost nothing.

Edited by ECCruise

Many, many nights on Celebrity with no towel animals and now start to see them more.

We always tell our steward the first time we see a towel animal to go ahead and not make them for our room. We've seen them all, sometimes multiple times, and would rather the steward increase their time off rather than the time it takes to make a towel animal. This especially is true since they have increased the work load for stewards. If you are sailing with children, though, their first time(s) with the animals is pretty special!

Would rather they re-instate some of the things they have eliminated rather than add towel animals. Of course towel animals cost nothing.

They actually do cost a lot because they increase the laundry consumption tremendously. Once a towel is used to make an animal, even if it appears not to have been broke apart and used the stewards can't use the towels.....

With the save the waves program, I am surprised they do them at all and maybe they should just do one per cruise for conservation purposes, but I truly love them:)

I couldn't care less if I had a towel animal - but it would be another story if I got a simple table cloth on our balcony table like the old days - and I for one liked the fruit basket and a flower in the bathroom, and q-tips in the jar.... those are the things that I miss.

We just returned from our first Celebrity cruise. (Mediterranean, Equinox) I know the crew work hard etc etc, but I must admit to being a little disappointed that on our 12 day cruise we didnt get any creations. On other lines, we have always looked forward to seeing what would be in our cabin and it got to be a game between us and the cabin steward. Is this the norm for Celebrity? Maybe towel animals are beneath them? Or did we just have a lousy steward?

This post is a joke, right?

I couldn't care less if I had a towel animal - but it would be another story if I got a simple table cloth on our balcony table like the old days - and I for one liked the fruit basket and a flower in the bathroom, and q-tips in the jar.... those are the things that I miss.

Such a cutting comment!