assigned to a Jr accessible suite

tallvine

Hi - I booked a Jr suite on-line for an upcoming Oasis cruise. when I recd the reservation confirmation I noticed that it is a handicapped accessible suite - we have no need for an accessable suite - there were no handicap eligibility questions during the reservation process ... we were so excited to finally be able to book a jr suite but now I feel guilty - we certainly don't want to deny someone who needs an accessable room but there are no longer any other Jr suites available... will they re-assign us at check-in? should I volunteer to give it up ?

Hi - I booked a Jr suite on-line for an upcoming Oasis cruise. when I recd the reservation confirmation I noticed that it is a handicapped accessible suite - we have no need for an accessable suite - there were no handicap eligibility questions during the reservation process ... we were so excited to finally be able to book a jr suite but now I feel guilty - we certainly don't want to deny someone who needs an accessable room but there are no longer any other Jr suites available... will they re-assign us at check-in? should I volunteer to give it up ?

How soon is your cruise? If its after final payment date already and the cruise is soon, Id say go ahead and enjoy the extra space and bigger bathroom.

Its is rather common for RCI to release accessible cabins for sale after final payment date.

If there are other JR Suites still available than you can request to be moved.

However if you booked after the final payment date or you booked a guarantee cabin that was assigned after the final payment period than it's OK.

Per a Federal Regulation that became effective back on 1/1/2012 cruise lines are allowed to release any unsold Accessible Cabin to the general public after the final payment date has past. If you booked prior to the final payment period under the same law you would have been required to certify that a person in the cabin had a disability that required the features of the accessible cabin and that would have popped up during the on-line booking process.

If you keep it, you will love it. Have sailed in Accessible JS in past with family member in WC. Much larger than other cabins of class. Only thing to be aware is the shower, it is WC accessible, which means there are curtains on 2 sides, a pull down seat, and no bottom ledge. It is large so the curtains don't attack like in showers on older class ships but the water can get everywhere. Used towels to create dams to contain some of the water. Again if it is not otherwise needed, enjoy.

Archived