Will I be arrested?

Esilef

Recently on a trip to Hawaii I was badly injured and needed to go to hospital x 3 times.

The American hospital system cost over $10000 USD.

I had travel insurrance and every month I am still getting demand letters.

I'm concerned with boarding an American cruise ship in Australian water with this amount still owing.

Could I get arrested or refused access to the ship?

Seriously I paid my travel insurance why can't they pay my hospital bills???

I would like to know the name of the Travel Insurance provider, so I can avoid them in the future.

When you spend good money on coverage, you want to know which companies to avoid. I am sure the next time you travel, you won't be using that same company!

Good luck and like others here, I am sure you have no risk of arrest.

Uh-Oh... this is turning into a health care debate. At tempting as it may be to engage, please be careful - this is a cruising forum

Sorry, I'm back from the dark side. :D

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

I just wonder how many Americans are forced to go without medical treatment due to the cost.

The cost could cause deaths.

None! Hospitals do not collect prior to treatment, they bill after. I've seen homeless people having reconstructive orthopedic surgery, crack heads giving birth etc. etc. etc. They couldn't afford a dime of what the bill would be yet all received top notch care. You have fallen for the media hype that medical care is the problem in America, it's not. The care is world class, the prices for said care are the issue but that spins back around to hospitals not being able to say no, they have to treat all and collect as much as they can from those who can pay to make up for those who pay nothing. Like everything in the world there is no free anything, someone pays for it somewhere, somehow.

None! Hospitals do not collect prior to treatment, they bill after. I've seen homeless people having reconstructive orthopedic surgery, crack heads giving birth etc. etc. etc. They couldn't afford a dime of what the bill would be yet all received top notch care. You have fallen for the media hype that medical care is the problem in America, it's not. The care is world class, the prices for said care are the issue but that spins back around to hospitals not being able to say no, they have to treat all and collect as much as they can from those who can pay to make up for those who pay nothing. Like everything in the world there is no free anything, someone pays for it somewhere, somehow.

Thank you ....I am a 9-1-1 dispatcher. The medics are in and out of the projects and low income neighborhoods all day long. For every little thing. And they call for every little thing, and no one gets refused.

I just wonder how many Americans are forced to go without medical treatment due to the cost.

The cost could cause deaths.

Actually, Americans do go without medical treatment and medication due to cost. I am an Investigator for the Medical Examiner and see it all the time where people hav to choose between blood pressure medication and food for their family. Unfortunately, if I see them, they are dead. Very Sad!!

Archived