Bayside - Miami - Is there a CVS there?

hartskys

• 2 months later...
We are thinking about taking the shuttle from our hotel to Bayside and wondered if there is a CVS there so we can pickup wine before we head back to the hotel? Unfortunately there isn't any stores by the hotel we are at.

I'm sure you'll pass one on the way to or from Bayside in the shuttle. If the shuttle isn't taking you home, ask the driver to stop on the way, pick up your stuff then tip him/her five bucks to deliver it to your room or keep it safe at the concierge.

The view of the cruise ships leaving the Port Of Miami from Bayside Marketplace is limited because of the bridge connecting downtown Miami with Dodge Island (Port Of Miami). There are plenty of nice places to sit, relax, and have a few drinks but the view isn't that great. I had lunch with my friend at Tradewinds Bar and Grill a few weeks ago and we really enjoyed it. There's a Hard Rock Restaurant at the eastern end of the complex but I have not been inside so I'm not too sure about the view from there. If you really want to see the ships leave I've parked my rental vehicle across from the Port Of Miami on Watson Island and sat there for a few hours. Due to the construction of the new traffic tunnel connecting Watson Island with Dodge Island I'm unsure if you can still access the parking area located on the south side of the island. The southern end of Miami Beach is also a great location to see the ships leave Miami.

Does anyone know if there is a place to have happy hour at Bayside where we could have a good view of the ships as they leave the port?

Claudia

The best happy hour with a view of the ships will be Montys in South Beach. Right on the water.

The best view of the ships is Smith & Wollensky (it feels like you can reach out and touch them) but they don't have happy hour.