swimming with the dolphins

goldfish1111

We swam with them in Tortola and it was just fantastic.

Dolphin Discovery have several sites in the Caribbean so if the one you are considering is the same you wont be disappointed.

Well worth buying the dvd of your time with the dolphins too.

Hi,

I have not swam with dolphins on a Celebrity cruise but I have swam with dolphins; just my humble opinion but if like me you love animals or even like them a little bit this is a truly magical experience not to be missed. Do it. :)

Karen

I have swam with wild Dolphins in Coffin Bay South Australia (near Port Lincoln), this was also wonderful but there was no contact with them. I have also swam with (captive) Dolphins in Puerto Vallarta on a Ship's Tour and it was great and well worth it for the 3/4 day with lunch, a DVD and photos. :D

By swimming with the dolphins, you are supporting the captive aquatic mammal industry. These dolphins belong in their natural habitat, not in a cement pool working for a living.

We did the dolphin encounter in Cuacao. We loved it. If you do it, say hello to Romeo.
We, also, did the Dolphin Encounter in Curacao and LOVED it! Swam with Romeo (yes, one of the dolphins) too.

BTW, at Dolphin Encounter, they are NOT in a cement pool.

To the OP ... it is pricey but worth every penny (to us). Unlike in Mexico, the groups of participants are small, 4 to 10 rather than 20-40. Do bring cash or a credit card. You will want some photos, the CD or DVD.

Cheers!

We swam with the Dolphins on Tortola, but not thru Celebrity. The company, whose name I don't remember, had their own site, and you could book on your own. The Celebrity tour was 20-30 people, who had their encounter in one "pen", while 8 of us (four in our family and two other couples who had booked independent of us) were in a separate pen.

For the same cost as the Celebrity package, we had the "deluxe" experience.

Our cruise stop was not a full day, so we booked an early time, just to be certain we could get back. It was a memorable and very worthwhile experience.

A little Google search should tell you what's available in your port of call. Even if you are reluctant to do this on your own, by all means do it with the ship. Its a great experience!

We, also, did the Dolphin Encounter in Curacao and LOVED it! Swam with Romeo (yes, one of the dolphins) too.

BTW, at Dolphin Encounter, they are NOT in a cement pool.

To the OP ... it is pricey but worth every penny (to us). Unlike in Mexico, the groups of participants are small, 4 to 10 rather than 20-40. Do bring cash or a credit card. You will want some photos, the CD or DVD.

Cheers!

At Puerto Vallarta the experience was around $150 USD with the ship, we had 12 in the pool with 3 dolphins. The pens were deep (5-9m) and had sandy bottoms, they were also open to the flow from the sea for clean fresh sea water. Great experience. :D

At Puerto Vallarta the experience was around $150 USD with the ship, we had 12 in the pool with 3 dolphins. The pens were deep (5-9m) and had sandy bottoms, they were also open to the flow from the sea for clean fresh sea water. Great experience. :D
Obviously Puerto Vallarta was lots better than Cozumel. That is where we encountered the large number of people vs dolphins.

In Curacao we had four people with two dolphins.:)

We just came back from the Western Caribbean and did the Royal swim with the dolphins in Cozumel. We booked it independently with dolphin discovery online, and paid 1/2 price as they had a special at the time. They always give at least 25% off. We were a group of 10 and had 2 dolphins with us. No one else joined our group. It was a wonderful experience.:)

Ellen

Archived