Which Cruiseline is Best for 21 yr. Old?

tarheelmjfan

We're not first time cruisers, but I'm hoping for a more unbiased view. ;) DH & I want to book a Spring Break cruise for DS's (surprise) Christmas gift. DH & I have our favorite line, which was boring for him his first cruise, so we want to make sure he enjoys this trip. Our family enjoys dressing up & excellent food. DS is the same, but he's also 21. However, he's not one to party non-stop all night every night. Which line would you recommend for someone who wants to have a lot of nighttime activities to choose from, but also wants great food & a nice atmosphere? FWIW, he may want to bring along his girlfriend, so that is a consideration. For now, we know it would be at least the 3 of us in 2 separate cabins. TIA :)

Throw in NCL...Any of these would suit him just fine!:p

Find out where he'd like to go, what kind of room...CCL leans towards trivia, RCI towards sports, NLC towards a lit bit of this, a little bit of that...:D

You are in Tampa. Try driving to Port Canaveral and taking Royal Caribbean's Freedom of the Seas. Note that the total price will be same if you have 1 or 2 in a cabin -- having 1 in a cabin pretty much means "paying double". If girlfriend cannot go, maybe another (male) friend can go. We did this once when our son went with us on a cruise. We paid for half of the friend's cruise fare and the friend paid the other half -- which made it a win-win for both of us.

Thanks to all of you for the suggestions. :) I've been researching NCL Epic, due to the studios for single travelers. We're not sure, if we'd be booking for 3 or 4 though. I've sailed on NCL once & it wasn't my favorite line to say the least. It was one of their older ships which could make a difference. Regardless, this trip is about what he will enjoy. We've never sailed on RCL or CCL. I'll look into those too. Having to potentially pay double for 1 person isn't ideal. We may not have a choice.

Archived