San Deigo Hotels

Himself

This Yelp search result should help you out:

[URL]http://www.yelp.com/search?find_desc=hotel+free+airport+shuttle&find_loc=San+Diego%2C+CA[/URL]

igraf

[quote name='GeriatricNurse'][B][FONT=Arial][SIZE=3]FATJACK, seeing that you are "familiar with several hotels in San Diego", what would be your recommendation for a hotel, which would include a buffet breakfast, along with a complimentary shuttle from the airport? :)[/SIZE][/FONT][/B][/quote]

Hampton Inn on Pacific Highway is less than a mile from the terminal has shuttle from Airport and to Cruise terminal. Typical Hampton "breakfast" and evening cookies.
Wyndham South Tower bay side rooms look pretty much directly at the ships bow (if your ship is in the north slip). Also, nice to be able to walk across the street to the terminal. Elephant and Castle restaurant in the hotel is not bad and Anthony's Fish Grotto across the street is always good.

• 2 months later...
[quote name='mightycruisequeen']I'm so glad to hear that! I also got the Wyndham Bayside on Priceline, and was a little nervous after some of the less than glowing reviews. Thanks for the follow up. :)[/QUOTE]

I did not do that but I should have. It is a little late now. However if I was doing a cruise out of San Diego again I would try and get the Wyndham. I was that pleased with it.
While there I had dinner at the Ruth Crisp Steak House. It was very good just as is Don Shula's on the Beach in Ft. Lauderdale. (And it is just as expensive but what the heck, I was on vacation.)

[quote name='Himself']Before booking the Wyndham go to priceline and read the recent customers reviews. The reviews make me reluctant to book it![/QUOTE]

There are SO many hotels in San Diego and some great ones close to the ships that I would just book somewhere else. No need to start your trip off on a bad note. Come a day or two early and enjoy or beautiful city.:)

[quote name='nana51']There are SO many hotels in San Diego and some great ones close to the ships that I would just book somewhere else. No need to start your trip off on a bad note. Come a day or two early and enjoy or beautiful city.:)[/QUOTE]

I did book the Wyndham and I was very happy with it. It made me think some of the bad remarks came from some extremely fastidious people. Edited by Himself