Lost & Found - Have you found or left behind something?

Ocean Air

I found somebody's book and flip flops on a lounge chair by the pool; it seemed they had been there quite a while, as the book was pretty hot from the sun. I asked around and nobody seemed to know who they belonged to, so I picked them up and gave them to the pool attendant, then enjoyed my time on the lounger in the sun. :p

Thankfully we've never left anything of value either onboard a ship or at a hotel. I'm pretty thorough when we check out, looking in all the nooks and crannies.

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

I have never yet left something on a ship which is surprising because I usually always forget something when I go on land vacations.

I've found in the safe a sleeping pill.....my sister found a men's pinky ring in her safe on our last cruise. :)

I have never yet left something on a ship which is surprising because I usually always forget something when I go on land vacations.

I've found in the safe a sleeping pill.....my sister found a men's pinky ring in her safe on our last cruise. :)

I think I'll be investigating my room safe on my next cruise!

A couple cruises ago I found a cell phone in the closet. Turned it in to the Purser's Desk & hope it was forwarded to HQ & they, in turn, hopefully was able to contact the person(s) who had that cabin prior to me.

And a note to us by the previous occupants of the suite

"To the next occupants: We didn't get a chance to enjoy these on our cruise. Please enjoy them and have a wonderful trip"

It was a very nice gesture and I have repeated this "pay it forward" gift on any cruise that we have had wine left over.

Edited by Gunner22aa

On one cruise, my DH and I both got the dreaded norovirus. In addition, we wanted to get the airport quickly on disembarkation as there was a blizzard coming back home and we wanted to change our flights. We took our passports and cell phones out of the safe to make some phone calls but didn't realize until we were almost at the airport, that we left everything else in the safe!!! :eek::eek:

Celebrity was great! We worked with the lost and found department, gave them as complete a list as we remembered and about a month after we got home, all of our stuff was returned to us!!! :D

Found a women's diamond ring in the safe on one cruise and a pair of women's gold high heels on another. Turned them both in to the cruise line and never heard anymore. Hope the diamond ring made it back to the owner.

You are a good and honest person!:)

I too hope the diamond was returned. Your honest act of kindness would mean a great deal to someone. Gold shoes are good, but diamonds are better!

Found a memory card and left it with guest services, then once we were back home posted on here in the hopes that someone might recognize the cabin number and claim their lost pics.

We've thankfully not left anything behind we hadn't meant to. But years ago when I was young and poor and traveling around Germany, I left behind a jar of Nutella at a B&B. It's trivial now, but at the time I felt its loss rather keenly. :)

Feb of 2013 we found 3 twinkies still in wrappers in a drawer on Monarch of the seas. They looked like they had been there a while. We thought maybe it was a running joke with the cabin steward to see how long they would last there. We left them behind for the next guest.

Feb of 2013 we found 3 twinkies still in wrappers in a drawer on Monarch of the seas. They looked like they had been there a while. We thought maybe it was a running joke with the cabin steward to see how long they would last there. We left them behind for the next guest.

That is really funny considering the shelf life of Twinkies!

• 2 months later...

Yep, just the most important things I wanted to put in our carry on(s)! All drawers cleaned out (empty) on the Norwegian Star but left these things on the bed. Then, after thinking twice, I put them BACK in the top drawer so we wouldn't have to weigh down our carry-on (Had some Good presents to hand out to some Special Crew & Officers early on debarkation day that were already weighing down our carry-on)!

You guessed it, I (We) forgot to go back to the Stateroom and gather up those items. :( I didn't realize until we were at our after-cruise hotel in Fort Lauderdale that we were missing some Important Items.

Hopefully this will turn out Well.:eek: Our Room Steward or possibly the next Guest returned our Valuables and Just in case meds to the front desk (Lost & Found) on 12-8 or 12-9-13. Found this out by contacting everyone I could think of including our Norwegian Personal Cruise Consultant and the Miami Corporate Office. Emails were sent to the ship Customer Service desk & even to the Hotel Director by our Wonderful PCC & Corporate. Wasted alot of our precious after-cruise vacation time doing this but All for a Good Reason. On the second day after arriving home, we got the call that Everything was found :D and now after the two week cruise, our things should be either taken off by our friends who did a back to back OR they will return to the Corporate office in Miami, which will take another two weeks! If that is the case So Be It...It will be like Christmas again when we receive a package from our Friends or the Corporate Office. I have FAITH!

We found the cabin safe locked. Called cabin steward who called ship officer. He brought an electronic device to open the safe and another crew member. They itemized the contents: phone, wallet, keys, and papers; to return to past cruiser.

All done quickly and professionally, this is not uncommon!

For a short time when Twinkies were not being made, they could have been very valuable. LOL!!

DON

(Had some Good presents to hand out to some Special Crew & Officers early on debarkation day that were already weighing down our carry-on)!

!

Did the Good presents for Special Crew & Officers (I did not know that officers even expect gifts - seems like they are management) have pictures of American presidents on them or were they the type of stuff and has been commented on in the many "gifts to crew" post on CC.

DON