Liberty input needed

EBFURR

Hi all, we have not been able to cruise for a while but are looking at maybe doing something at year end or January. All of our family cruises thus far have been 7 day affairs, but the ole budget won't hold up to that this time around. East Carolina University is taking the vast majority of my rather modest net worth at the moment, but hopefully our DD will come out well educated in the end. Lets just say we have a lot riding on it. In any case we are looking at the 5 day itinerary on Liberty sailing on Jan 4 with Belize & Cozumel as the ports. We love the Western Caribbean and Cozumel is one of our favorites, but we have never been to Belize. We have been on 14 RCI cruises, including Freedom, but have never been on Liberty nor this particular cruise. Is there anyone out there with experience on this ship/cruise who can give us an idea of what to expect? Is the ship/staff comparable to Freedom? Did you enjoy the 5 nighter? Thanks in advance.

We are doing this same cruise in 75 days and counting. It has been a long wait, we booked when it first opend up. There are many reviews about this cruise and this ship. The link I will provide is for a review from Host Faith, she did an excellent job, you will find a lot have information. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1593651&highlight=host+faith

We have cruised 4 times on LOS, and she is by far, our favorite. We will sail on FOS for Thanksgiving this year, but were on LOS last December. She has a great staff amd officers, and you will definitely enjoy. Belize was not our favorite, but still better than being back inthe cold in January. Cozumel is fun anytime, and we love it. Many good excursions, twister boat to Passion Island and Playa Mia are a couple of our favorites. Enjoy!!

Cruisinpips

"Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional"

Liberty and Freedom are sister ships, almost identical except for decor. If you enjoyed Freedom you will enjoy Liberty. Belize is a tender port and you need to plan excursions as the port itself is not condusive to doing things on your own.

Many thanks to all for the input. I really appreciate the link to the review! Search did not return that one. We have heard that Belize is not the best port, and appreciate the honest assessments. We do agree that any cruise port will beat being at work! We mainly chose this itinerary for Cozumel - we love us some Coz! Usually the guys do a SCUBA trip while the ladies shop. We always seem to wind up back a Senor Frogs in the afternoon to watch the crazies and occasionally be among them. It will be daughter's 21st B-day in December, son's 26th in Feb, and dear old dad's CENSORED in Jan. so this will more or less be a big birthday celebration. As usual, you CC guys are the best! Thanks.

We did the LOS Cozumel/Belize cruise in April. Having cruised Freedom several times we knew we would love the ship. The staff was fabulous and the entertainment was excellent. Saturday Night Fever was great, as was the ice show and Up in Air. In Belize we did a ship sponsored snorkel and beach excursion. The excursion boat picked us up directly from the ship so we never had to tender to shore. We really enjoyed it. In Cozumel we decided on Nachi Cocum this time since they limit the number of people to 100 and there were 6 ships in port that day. All inclusive drinks and a nice lunch. We look forward to going back.

Thanks, Dawg. I guess your boys bounced back Saturday. I am an NCSU grad, but I love that SEC football.

Yes, my Dawgs love to keep me on the edge of my seat! We have this week off so maybe I can relax a little. Lots of good games to watch though.

We cruised on the New Years Eve cruise this year on LOS and really enjoyed the ship and staff. We did a different itinerary but we have been to Belize and Cozumel and have enjoyed ourselves every time we visited. I am sure you will have a great time.

Shari & John

We did this itinerary in March. DD (15 months at the time) never made it off the ship in Belize due to the major delays with the tender process. DH did manage to take a walk around in the afternoon while I supervised nap time from our balcony ;-). Loved the ship.. Cozumel was fine but not remarkable (again, completely different experience when travelling with a toddler which you don't have in your plans).

Staff was great. Ship was great. 5 days was not as good as 7 ( or 14 for that matter), but better than none :-).

Enjoy your trip!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Archived