About Cheers, just to let everyone know....

Avril

I am a "regular drinker." I think it depends person to person. I always thought that someone who drinks regularly wouldn't feel it as much as someone who just drinks on vacation, because their body is not used to the alcohol. But I have had close to 15 drinks in a day and some days I am in "not so great shape" and others I could walk a straight line one foot in front of the other. So there are many factors involved. I remember our lst CCL cruise on the old Destiny was during spring break and they still sold "six packs" of beer and the college kids had funnels and someone would pour an entire 6 pack down the tubes to gulp. YIKES. :eek::eek::eek: Seemed kind of a waste of good beer too! :confused:

I have been known to drink around 20 Jagerbombs in a 3 hour period And be just fine and dandy but then again Drinking around 10 shots of tequila and some beer can also knock me on my butt at times... :eek:

I have been known to drink around 20 Jagerbombs in a 3 hour period And be just fine and dandy but then again Drinking around 10 shots of tequila and some beer can also knock me on my butt at times... :eek:

20 Jagerbombs and I wouldn't be able to sleep for a month. 4 or 5 shots of Jager keeps me awake couple days. Great for short cruises.

Last year I got a day pass at a resort in Nassau with an open bar. Lost count but I must of had at least a dozen that day. Got back to the ship and to my cabin all on my own. Had a nap and was ready for dinner, drinks & disco that evening (6 more drinks) So it can be done. You just gotta pace yourself.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

just got off breeze and hit are limit everyday, secret is drink water after every drink . American beer is so light it taste like water so hitting your limit is nothing. Smart move for cruise ships to serve beer like that. if they served Canadian beer there would be alot of drunk people every night and not drinking more then 5 beers. Do the math and it adds up LOTS OF CASH for them.

just got off breeze and hit are limit everyday, secret is drink water after every drink . American beer is so light it taste like water so hitting your limit is nothing. Smart move for cruise ships to serve beer like that. if they served Canadian beer there would be alot of drunk people every night and not drinking more then 5 beers. Do the math and it adds up LOTS OF CASH for them.

I know the Americans think our beer is like Moonshine but the reality is...theirs is 4% and ours is 5% (on average). So 4 Canadian beer = 5 American beer. So maybe Carnival should raise the limit for us Canadians to 18. LOL

Edited by 42CruiseCrazy

I know the Americans think our beer is like Moonshine but the reality is...theirs is 4% and ours is 5% (on average). So 4 Canadian beer = 5 American beer. So maybe Carnival should raise the limit for us Canadians to 18. LOL

Please to do classify "American beer" as Bud light..michelob light haha! There are a great number of smaller breweries that have amazing beer i.e. Abita, Sweetwater...etc I personally do not like the cheap beers!

Why do so many non drinkers jump on a thread about the cheers program?

HaHaHa lol. Because they can feel superior and better about themselves! :eek: Ever notice most bullies will back down when confronted because they are trying to cover up some insecurity themselves. Maybe they have another "demons" gambling, cheating, or stealing and have to feel better by calling others out.

Here's an interesting link to calculate your blood alcohol level. Just thought this was interesting after reading various opinions on the amount of drinks various people can drink each day!

bloodalcoholcalculator.org/

A lot does depend on body type, male/female, hormones etc... so everyone handles alcohol differently.

Most mixed drinks you get on the ship tend to be very weak, unless it's a straight shot or a martini, manhattan or if you tip the bartender big at first pour, you may get a strong one! I like to enjoy a few frozen concoctions per day, as well as Bailey's in my coffee all day long and..... wine at dinner. I have never been drunk on any cruise. I rarely drink at home, if I do it's a glass of wine once in a while.

Say u reach the 15, can u then use someone else's card from your stateroom if they haven't reachef it?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Forums mobile app

The rules say you're not allowed to share drinks. I can usually drink quite a bit but I've lost a lot of weight this year and I find that it doesn't take as much to get me a bit tipsy :eek: so I intend to share mine with my DH because I know he'll hit his 15 max way before me!

Rules are you cannot share when using the cheers program... Of course some people do anyway.. Its a chance you take, if you are caught, you will be removed from the cheers program... odds are you wont get caught, but if you do, you could lose out on the 400.00 you paid for the program for the week

I did not have the Cheers program, and I am not hijacking this thread as my comment has to do with drinking. They must not put much alcohol in their mixed drinks so one could drink the max of 15 per day. I was on a snorkel tour in Grand Turk recently, and rum punch was served after the snorkel. I had three, and was flagged by Carnival, my drinking privledges were taken away, mini bar locked. I was given no test..........my DH and I argued at guest relations to no avail...................when we returned to our room, on our bed was an invitation to the open bar past guest party:confused:

I was not drunk, just giddy, as we were with my sister and when we get together, we giggle as school girls, don't even need alcohol.

Has anyone been flagged on the Cheers program? Three drinks would not be anywhere near breaking even!!:eek:

Also want to say that we did have the unlimited Classic program on Celebrity, and it was very hard to get a buzz unless you drank beer or wine.

This past August I was on the Dream. My son was married on board and had several of his friends serving as groomsmen. One of my son's friends had purchased the Cheers package and was cut off after he was observed "sleeping a lot." He went to the bar attempting to purchase a drink and was told that he needed to go to security for an explanation. When he got to security he found out that "someone" complained and that he was being cut off.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

This past August I was on the Dream. My son was married on board and had several of his friends serving as groomsmen. One of my son's friends had purchased the Cheers package and was cut off after he was observed "sleeping a lot." He went to the bar attempting to purchase a drink and was told that he needed to go to security for an explanation. When he got to security he found out that "someone" complained and that he was being cut off.

Thank you for responding, Now you can't even sleep on a fun ship??? I guess I was giggling too hard/loud and someone also complained:eek:

Haha Does he know who the "someone" is?? God I would be cut off for sure! That is all I do while I am out on deck! I lay in the sun and sleep!!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Forums mobile app

Is that all one has to do to get another passenger cut off. Better not let the non drinking spouse (usually the wife, but not always) know this. LOL

what happens if you use your 15th drink at 11.59 pm? you start over at 0 at 12 am?

It starts over again at 6 am...

If you get a decent bartender they will warn you when you are at the 14th drink - you can then opt to buy the drinks at the point rather than using the cheers program... I was just on the Dream last week - Lucia at the Blue Iguana was AWESOME!!!!!!! and she always told us when we were getting close

It starts over again at 6 am...

If you get a decent bartender they will warn you when you are at the 14th drink - you can then opt to buy the drinks at the point rather than using the cheers program... I was just on the Dream last week - Lucia at the Blue Iguana was AWESOME!!!!!!! and she always told us when we were getting close

That was nice of her and good business for her and Carnival.

Cathy,

Want to go on a cruise with me???

I am an old lady (61) and I did not drink at all until I was about 50. I have been on cruises where I have consumed 15 drinks in one day and I was no where near drunk. I'm always awake for at least 18 hours and that is less than one drink an hour.

I'm not a professional drinker in fact except when I am on vacation I rarely drink at all and I don't take a lot of vacations. I think sometimes people get judgemental based on their own experience.

Haha Does he know who the "someone" is?? God I would be cut off for sure! That is all I do while I am out on deck! I lay in the sun and sleep!!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Forums mobile app

No, he never did find out who supposedly complained.

You seem to understand the rules well enough. And once you understand the rules it's easier to find ways to get around them.

I just wish I could find the rules on Carnival's website, they seem well hidden:eek:

P.S. Found it. http://www.carnival.com/core/faq.aspx?icid=CC_Footer_88#q-1270134 Look under "Life Onboard".

Edited by pspercy