About Cheers, just to let everyone know....

Avril

All this zombie thread reveals is that people will respond to anything - even a 4-year old thread with outdated information - for no other reason than to "hear themselves speak".

And you did, hope you enjoyed listening to yourself. If you don't like to read 4 year old threads, just pass right on by them, there are a lot of others to read. Just don't jump on someone else for reading and responding to them.

And you did, hope you enjoyed listening to yourself. If you don't like to read 4 year old threads, just pass right on by them, there are a lot of others to read. Just don't jump on someone else for reading and responding to them.

I think some people get way too irritated by what others do on this board. Maybe they need a vacation! [emoji6]

(Or at least a vacation from reading the boards.)

NCL Sunward 1974

NCL Starward 1978

Costa Daphne 1982

Carnival Triumph 2001

Carnival Conquests 2005

Carnival Magic 2014

If I see a subject I'm interested in. I don't check the date (could care less) I just read it & post something if I want to. Who cares if it's 4 years old?????

shows the difference in people.

I will read old threads and search for things that might end up being old but I DO look at the date because the ships rules change and the people you respond to could probably no longer be on the site. Bringing up old stale information is not useful and if other newbies do what you do and dont check the date they will have bad or outdated information.

then we will have threads saying they read something here and when they got on the ship it was not accurate. There should be a purpose for resurrecting old , potentially stale data.

But thats me.

• If I want information I do a search for it here
  • if I find a thread and it gives me the information I need, I dont need to post anything and I am glad I searched
  • if I dont find the answer then I will start a new thread to seek out the answer
  • I dont post 'commentary' on a 4 year old thread. There is no value and it could confuse others that do what you do and not read the dates
  • I do post commentary on current threads to help others and to give my opinion on current questions and topics

It happens because posters are chastised about not searching the boards before asking a question or for starting a new thread when there has been a thread in the past about the topic.

I wish I could upvote this. Most of the boards I go to have those people that always comment with the 'just use the search' reply. Then this happens because someone did do that and a comment got them heated so they reply necroing a long dead thread. Oh well I don't imagine a lot of people actually remember 4 year old threads so it's still good reading.