Past Allure of the Seas Guest Questions

nae418

Hello ALL:

I'll be sailing on Allure in 2015, and I'm trying to my homework for

20 of us that are sailing. We all really want to have a great time without pinching pennies. I'm sort of a plain Jane when it come to food, I don't have to have fancy food, as long as it has some flavor and it's hot in temperature if it's suppose to be hot. ( I hate cold food!)

Here are some questions, any help will be greatly appreciated

1. Has anyone ever had a group photo taken on the ship?

2. Are their photographers all over the ship in the evening with different photo backdrops? Also how much are the photo's

3. From the minute you place your order for dinner in the regular dining room, what is the turnaround time for getting your food and is the food hot when it arrives, had anyone waited for more that 30 minutes for the food to arrive?

4. What is the normal price of a alcoholic drinks; Miami Vice, Strawberry Daiquiri, or Kiss on the lips? Keep the cup?

5. What is the boat drill like with the amount of people on the ship? Long process?

6. Has the ship have an afternoon tea on sea days? What is it like?

7. I saw that the ship has a carousel, is there a charge to ride on the carousel? if so, how much? .

8. What kind of food is offered at the private island in Haiti?

10. I read somewhere that there are only 2 main elevators on the ship? Is that so?

11. What is the earliest time guess are permitted to board the ship and is there a wait to get to your cabin?

12. I heard there's a new smoking policy, are you fined or what will happen if you smoke in a non-designed cabin or area on the ship

13. I noticed there a zip line in Haiti, anyone know the price of the zip line?

Thanks for sharing any information you may have. Happy Sailing.

1. Yes, we had group shots on the stairs

2. Photographers everywhere but photos are expensive. i paid $150ish for 8 photos and 2 photo books

3. My Time dining, our entire experience took about 1.5 hrs, but one night they got us in and out in 45 min because we had show reservations.

4. 6-8 bucks.

5. Easy breezy. Meet and watch a video for 5 minutes.

6. I dont think so

7. No charge

8. Dont know. Went on the the Eastern Itinerary

9. You left out #9

10.24 public elevators

11. We were in the Windjammer easting at 11:15 - just depends

12. Just don't do it. Its rude.

13. Unknown but there is one on the ship, free

Hello ALL:

20 of us that are sailing. We all really want to have a great time without pinching pennies. I'm sort of a plain Jane when it come to food, I don't have to have fancy food, as long as it has some flavor and it's hot in temperature if it's suppose to be hot. ( I hate cold food!)

2. Are their photographers all over the ship in the evening with different photo backdrops? Also how much are the photo's

3. From the minute you place your order for dinner in the regular dining room, what is the turnaround time for getting your food and is the food hot when it arrives, had anyone waited for more that 30 minutes for the food to arrive?

4. What is the normal price of a alcoholic drinks; Miami Vice, Strawberry Daiquiri, or Kiss on the lips? Keep the cup?

5. What is the boat drill like with the amount of people on the ship? Long process?

7. I saw that the ship has a carousel, is there a charge to ride on the carousel? if so, how much? .

10. I read somewhere that there are only 2 main elevators on the ship? Is that so?

11. What is the earliest time guess are permitted to board the ship and is there a wait to get to your cabin?

12. I heard there's a new smoking policy, are you fined or what will happen if you smoke in a non-designed cabin or area on the ship

Texaskeystone has it about right. I am just wondering how you booked an August 2015 cruise already. Sailings for then are not open yet.

The carousel is free. It does not always operate especially late at night. It has a variety of lovely carved animals to ride on, but if you are skittish about mounting the animals, you can sit on a nice bench on the caousel and ride that way. That is what Hubby and I do. There is seldom a line to use the carousel.

The zipline on the ship is free and you can go multiple times. Of course it is nothing like the zipline at Labadee.

Food at the "beach BBQ" at Labadee is basic hamburgers, fruit, salads, simple desserts. I think there are baked beans, but I may be thinking of Coco Cay. Our policy is to eat as soon as the BBQ opens because the food goes pretty fast and the lines close quite early--like around one or one thirty.

We've boarded Allure around eleven AM every time we sailed on that ship. You will have to wait until one to enter your cabin. Last time we sailed Allure, it was closer to one thirty before the corridor doors opened for our corridor.

I believe the fine for smoking in the cabin or on the cabin balconies will be $250.

I have seen entire very large groups pose on the stairs for pictures taken by a ship's photographer. That might be a cool way to pose because there are twenty in your group.

I hope all of you enjoy Allure as much as we do.

Hello ALL:

(1) Lots of poeple get group photo's onboard

(2)Yes there will be photographer's throughout the ship especially on formal nights. Many different backdrops. Photo prices will vary depending on if you buy a packge or individually.

(3)Dinner from start to finish averages about 1 hour to 1.5 hours.

(4)Alcoholic beverages range from $4 to $8+ for top shelf liqour's.

(5)Muster Drill is fairly simple. You will have an assigned meeting place somewhere on the ship based on where your actual cabin is located. When the drill starts your SeaPass card will be scanned to show that you attended. You will watch a video and be briefed by the ships Captain and that's it. How long it takes depends on how quick everyone shows up at their assigned station, everyone is required to attend the drill. Failure to attend can result in being taken off the ship. If you try to no show the drill they will come looking for you.

(6)Not that I am aware of.

(7)No charge for the carousel.

(8)Lunch will be provided in Haiti from the ship. There will be a BBQ style lunch at the different food areas.

(9)24 public elevators, one elevator bank forward and one aft.

(10)Generally boarding starts between 11am and 11:30am, boarding can occasionally be delayed by USCG inspections or a delay in Customs clearing the previous cruise. Cabins are available generally by 1pm.

(11)New smoking policy goes into effect on 1/1/2014. No smoking will be allowed in any cabin or on cabin balconies. Guests in violation of the policy will be fined $250. Smoking will only be allowed in designated outdoor areas.

(12) The last time I went to Labadee, Haiti the Zipline cost $85.

just curious as to how you were able to book a cruise for August of 2015. RCI has only released the itineraries for the Allure up until April of 2015.

The OP only stated he is sailing sometime in 2015. Sounds like the OP is just trying to do his homework before booking a cruise.

Hello All:

Thank you for all of your good information! WOW! some really good stuff on here. We have not officially booked with RCI yet, but we know this date will be our target date, we are all planning well ahead to put a nice chunk down, we want to zip line in Haiti, and take all the pictures we can!

I think there's 1 smoker in the group and needed that info so he can save extra for any fines! LOL..LOL.. Thanks again. Happy Sailing.

If you look at their countdown clock it has the date of their cruise. (You may have that feature turned off)

You were correct about bookings for that time frame not being available. The OP does have a countdown clock posted but you can enter any date and sailing that you wish. The countdown clock feature has no way of knowing that bookings cannot be made for that timeframe.

Hello All:

Thank you for all of your good information! WOW! some really good stuff on here. We have not officially booked with RCI yet, but we know this date will be our target date, we are all planning well ahead to put a nice chunk down, we want to zip line in Haiti, and take all the pictures we can!

I think there's 1 smoker in the group and needed that info so he can save extra for any fines! LOL..LOL.. Thanks again. Happy Sailing.

Have fun planning your cruise.

Bookings for August 2015 will open up starting in March 2014. You should look at the bookings early as there are no guarantees that hey will remain as they have in the past. There are many things that are happening that may or may not change ships, itineraries and port locations. Some of these are that Quantum is arriving fall 2014, Anthem is arriving spring 2015 and Allure will be going into dry dock in Europe in the spring of 2015. I don't think any of these will change her itinerary but you just never know so be sure to check the new itineraries in spring of 2014.

Hello All:

If your friend chooses to violate the smoking rules he may be paying a lot more then $250! Make sure he reads the Guest Conduct Agreement before he decides to light up. It may just be that if he does it more then once, he will be put off the ship at his own expense at the next port.

Archived