Hotel in Barcelona

Irina

Trying to decide where to stay for 3 nights before cruise. Looking at hotel jazz, but I'm afraid it might be too young/noisy for us. Also looking at hotel granvia, room mate pau, and duquesa de cardinal, and condes s de Barcelona. Any input would be greatly appreciated! Thanx

Just booked 2 rooms for our Oct 2014 TA Barcelona to Miami. Rate was 128 euros for queen beds, balcony over looking Las Ramblas. 24 hour buffet, dessert buffet, breakfast, internet, taxes, free wi-fi, drinks. If you hate pink move on. One night I can put up with it.

Good reviews.

Trying to decide where to stay for 3 nights before cruise. Looking at hotel jazz, but I'm afraid it might be too young/noisy for us. Also looking at hotel granvia, room mate pau, and duquesa de cardinal, and condes s de Barcelona. Any input would be greatly appreciated! Thanx

We just stayed at the Hotel Jazz for three nights prior to our cruise. It was sold out and it was still very quiet overall.

I'm not sure what you mean by young - as in age of people staying or the actual hotel - we saw all ages and it is a newly built, modern hotel. They have a nice pool on the top to relax. The location is also perfect as it's a few minutes away from all the action, but a short stroll to the Ramblas.

Rate was 128 euros for queen beds, balcony over looking Las Ramblas. 24 hour buffet, dessert buffet, breakfast, internet, taxes, free wi-fi, drinks. If you hate pink move on. One night I can put up with it.

I'm assuming your referring to the Continental. That's what I meant by "includes everything"

Don't care what colour it is with that price... besides, my eyes will be closed when I'm sleeping.:D

We just stayed at the Hotel Jazz for three nights prior to our cruise. It was sold out and it was still very quiet overall.

I'm not sure what you mean by young - as in age of people staying or the actual hotel - we saw all ages and it is a newly built, modern hotel. They have a nice pool on the top to relax. The location is also perfect as it's a few minutes away from all the action, but a short stroll to the Ramblas.

I read in a guide book that hotel jazz had a younger crowd, and was close to a noisy area, so i was concerned. It looked very nice on line and the price is good.

Glad to hear you were happy with it. You would recommend it for people in our 60's ?- for 3 nights before a cruise.

We've stayed at the Continental on Las Rambla and were happy, took a view room and it was quiet even though there were football games during our visit. Buffet was so so, but we weren't expecting much.

We've booked the other Continental for November coming and expect it to be good for our purposes. Very convenient for touring around town, easy to use buses at the Playa.

A few years ago I stayed at Hotel Curious. It had free wifi and breakfast and was just a skip and hop from Ramblas and Placa Cataluyna, it was no frills, but decorated nicely with a great staff in a great location. Although the beds were hard and the bathroom tiny, i understand that is the norm and I would recommend it to anyone. I can't remember what I paid, but it was reasonable.

Stayed at Hotel Jazz 2 nights before cruise. Booked 2 rooms in advance with early booking discount. Excellent location, clean, modern, comfortable bed, quiet room, friendly and helpful staff. Guests were all ages. Continental breakfast available, but bakery shop with delicious breakfast items and hot chocolate and little grocery store are located across the street. There's a Subway sandwich shop next to the Hotel if anyone is interested. Easy access to taxis and walking distance to Plaza Cataluna, Las Ramblas, Sagrada de Familia, etc.

When a friend and I went in 2008 for an Oceania cruise from Barcelona we stayed in the H10 Raco Del Pi hotel in the Barri Gothic area.

We spent two nights there before the cruise and it was a nice little place, we walked everywhere from there.

Nice to hear!! I will be staying there next month. I have stayed at the Regencia Colon which is nice but was sold out for my date.

When a friend and I went in 2008 for an Oceania cruise from Barcelona we stayed in the H10 Raco Del Pi hotel in the Barri Gothic area.

We spent two nights there before the cruise and it was a nice little place, we walked everywhere from there.

My sister and I also stayed at the H10 Raco Del Pi. We were there for three nights in June. The location was great and our room and bathroom were HUGE. The staff was very friendly and helpful.

I love the Gothic Quarter so the location was perfect for me.

btw...it looks like it's a pedestrian-only street, but taxis are allowed to enter into that area and will take you right to the front door.

But, because it's restricted access, you rarely have to worry about any cars outside -and even then, it's very quiet.

Nice to hear!! I will be staying there next month. I have stayed at the Regencia Colon which is nice but was sold out for my date.

Trixsea - I haven't stayed at the Regencia Colon but the Hotel Colon, next door, is my hotel of choice and I stay there when I'm travelling solo. But the H10 Raco del Pi was also an excellent choice. It doesn't beat Hotel Colon for me, but it was a very nice hotel. I think you'll enjoy it.

We just got back from our cruise and stayed in Barcelona 3 days prior to sailing and we stayed at the Hotel Casa Fuster. Beautiful hotel. We walked to the Basílica i Temple Expiatori de la Sagrada Familia. We purchased our tickets at the hotel which is highly recommended, avoiding the long lines. We also walked to the Las Ramblas, which was a long walk but enjoyed it very much. The hotel was very nice with a roof top bar which had great views. There is a lovely small park directly across the street which was lovely to sit in a people watch. We had great weather while we were there. Really enjoyed Barcelona and plan to go back.

We stayed at the Hotel Lleo this July, which is just off Plaza Cataluyna and two short blocks from Las Ramblas and we were all very pleased. We were two families, one of which needed a quad room and the other (us) a double. My wish list in looking for hotels was: a well located hotel very near Las Ramblas, a swimming pool (kids with the other family), a breakfast buffet included, a quad room available, and my price point was not to exceed 100 Euro per night for the Double room. This hotel fit the bill perfectly!

For those looking for a quad, which can be tricky to find, this was a huge room!

Just booked yesterday the Hotel Continental Barcelona on La Ramba for Oct 2014. At 128euro/night for a balcony and everything including a 24 hr. buffet . Also cancel up to 48 hrs before arriving.

We are also needing to stay in Barcelona pre-cruise for our trans-Atlantic in October, 2014, so will definitely look at the Hotel Continental after seeing their website. Any idea how much taxi to the port might be from there?

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

Just returned from a great Seabourn cruise where we stayed two nights precruise at Hotel Jazz. We had a lovely quiet JrSuite in the corner -- very quiet and we are sensitive to street noise. We loved that it was just a block from Las Ramblas and close to the Gothic Quarter ( as well as close to the World Trade Center where we embarked). I would never stay on Las Ramblas -- it is just too nosy.

We stayed at the Eurostar Gran Marina which is right on the port. A beautiful hotel, in a great location.

We are also needing to stay in Barcelona pre-cruise for our trans-Atlantic in October, 2014, so will definitely look at the Hotel Continental after seeing their website. Any idea how much taxi to the port might be from there?

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

I've stayed at the Continental twice and will be there again next month. A taxi is about 20 euros. If you can, take your luggage across the street so the cabs are heading toward the port. If you catch it in front of the hotel, they have to drive a block or so to head in the right direction.

Great hotel. Quirky?? Definately but the location is great and convenient.

• 2 weeks later...

We stayed at the Catalonia Catedral precruise and loved it! Only taxis are permitted in the street infront of the hotel. It is within short walking distance to the cathedral. There is an ATM just across the cobblestone street. Upon exiting turn left and head up toward the cathedral. My favorite tapas spot is right on the corner on the right. Amble down the street beside the restaurant (no cars here either) Walk to Las Ramblas. Just an awesome area! The desk people are very eager to help you! We had two rooms; one with a huge deck, and the other abutted the pool deck. We were not able to use either as we were just too busy! I highly recommend this hotel! Clean, comfortable, quiet, walking area. We stayed at a bed and breakfast on the return and were extremely sorry we didn't end our trip at the Catalonia Catedral!

Archived