Transportation from Ft Lauderdale to Miami

Lidolounger

We have used SAS in the past, Looking for other options this trip as even after repeated follow up they lost our reservation for pick up in Lauderdale and drop off at the Port of Miami and again didn't have us on their list for pick up and transport to MIA terminal at the end of our voyage.

Any other recommendations?

We jsut used QLS for the opposite - POM to FLL airport. I did not care for the driver (slinging the bags out of the trailer before we could all get out of the van and did not help us get them up on the curb) but the ride was fine.

I do have to give them kudos for getting us on an earlier shuttle. I had scheduled the pickup for 10 AM (our flight was leaving FLL at 1:40). It took us no time to get through Customs, so we were out of the terminal at 9:15. I called to let them know, and they were able to catch the driver who had jsut picked up some people from another ship, so we didn't have to wait until 10. It was raining off and on, so I was happy not to have to wait in the rain!

We have used SAS in the past, Looking for other options this trip as even after repeated follow up they lost our reservation for pick up in Lauderdale and drop off at the Port of Miami and again didn't have us on their list for pick up and transport to MIA terminal at the end of our voyage.

Any other recommendations?

We are using www.gomjstrans.com from FLL to Miami on Friday Nov 15th. The one-way price I was quoted was $13.00 pp. For 5 or more people, the price is $11.00 pp. I found this shuttle service on Cruise Critic, and they seemed to get very good reviews.

We used QLS and would gladly use them again.

They call 15 min before the driver is due and then the driver calls when he/she is actually onsite. After the cruise we had a scheduled pick-up time at 10am but were off the ship and cleared customs by 9am. QLS had a shuttle on it's way and it was no problem to put us on an earlier shuttle.

We had a very courteous driver and the communication from the dispatch at QLS was very appreciated.

Just for the record; we contacted SAS by e-mail for a quote and some other questions and it took several days for them to get back to us. When they did, the answer was somewhat "curt" so I decided to contact QLS, who actually has a CSU that answers the phone, so you can speak to a live person instead of waiting days to get a response via e-mail. In addition, every aspect of QLS IMHO was very friendly and professional. If I'm waiting on a cruise shuttle, I want to know that I can pick up my phone and someone will answer it if they are running late OR, that they will call me first to let me know that they are on their way.

Nothing worse than wondering if you have been forgotten. :confused:

Archived