WiFi on Eurodam???

Fairsky

I am wondering if anyone has any experience about WiFi on this ship will be cruising the Caribbean on Nov 24th and wondering if it is worthwhile bringing laptop or to just bring my Kindle Fire. I am driving to the port so the extra weight is not an issue if it is worthwhile

Thanks in advance

We havve sailed Eurodam five cruises and I always bring our netbook. The signal sometimes is faster/slower depending how many people are using WiFi at the same time. but I like being able to use my netbook if I want. All cabins have Wifi but the signal varies and I sometimes have to leave our door open a little to help get good signal.

I would definitely bring your own device.

When I was on the Eurodam in Apr/May/13, I was told to not use my device in my stateroom because the signal wasn't great in the rooms. The manager didn't specify whether some rooms had better reception than others; it seemed to be a blanket warning. I did use it in my room until I had an issue with the reception. After receiving a bit of dressing down from the manager (he was a little pompous!) when he had to restore my minutes, I went to the Explorations Cafe, Lido or Ocean Bar for my surfing pleasure.

Whether you use the ship's computers or bring your own Laptop, the Internet prices are the same.

You will be charged a one-time activation fee of $3.95.

Satellite Internet Time Plans:

Pay as you go $0.75 Per Minute

Time Plan 1: 1000 Minutes -- $250.00

Time Plan 2: 500 Minutes -- $175.00

Time Plan 3: 250 Minutes -- $100.00

Time Plan 4: 100 Minutes -- $55.00.

Many times you can get bonus minutes for the various plans -- it is not always advertised -- you have to ask -- and it has to be done on Embarkation Day.

Also look for other specials advertised in the daily program. Usually it is 10% extra minutes for whatever package you buy.

Warning -- the Internet can be sloooooow at times.

Archived