Onboard shop price promise....works!

Sikwemu

All the onboard shops offer a price promise-if you find etc. etc. and I'm happy to report it's something they DO honour!

My husband bought a watch on the QV in June and discovered it cheaper on land in August. He took a picture of the window with his camera phone so they could see it was a genuine jeweller and then a close up of the watch and price which he sent along. The cheque came today for the difference between what he paid on board and what it was on land.

So next time you're onboard and wondering........yes, you can do it and take that little extra something home. Keep the receipt though

Liz

I bought a brooch on an Oceania ship and then saw the same brooch on sale on the QV. I mentioned it to the woman in the shop and to my surprise she said she would see if she could get the price difference, seeing I had the package with the price on it, and the jewellery shops on both ships are run by Hardings. She was not able to get me the price difference (and I didn't expect it, seeing it was a different cruise company), but I was impressed that she tried.

All the onboard shops offer a price promise-if you find etc. etc. and I'm happy to report it's something they DO honour!

My husband bought a watch on the QV in June and discovered it cheaper on land in August. He took a picture of the window with his camera phone so they could see it was a genuine jeweller and then a close up of the watch and price which he sent along. The cheque came today for the difference between what he paid on board and what it was on land.

So next time you're onboard and wondering........yes, you can do it and take that little extra something home. Keep the receipt though

Liz

Thank you for your post Liz.

Following on from this and hopefully not too far off topic. If we but a watch, camera etc whilst onboard the ship then how do we stand regarding the warranty? I am asking because if we buy an item from abroad then I am assuming we only get an International type warranty, whereas if we buy something in the UK, we might hopefully get a better warranty? To highlight this I will simply mention that when I purchased my Nikon camera from my local camera shop, it came with a three year warranty. If I bought the same model camera whilst on our travels, it would only come with a 12 month International warranty

Glojo, on my last voyage I had to buy a camera to do that BBC filming. Seeing the camera was handed in to the BBC, I didn't take too much notice. However, I remember them saying that the warranty would have to be sent to the USA.
well done and that information is much appreciated

• 2 weeks later...

Liz

Hi. I was looking back for a past thread about CCL stock when I found this interesting, and for me - very timely, information.

Last week I purchased a necklace and braclet from the Jackie Kennedy [reproduction] Collection in the shop on QM2. Last night I was searching on line to see if a matching pair of earrings were available anywhere, when I discovered that the John F. Kennedy Presidential Library and Museum also sells the jewelry pieces that are available on QM2 at a substantially lower price.

Does anyone know to whom do I send the documentation of the price difference together with receipts and request for a refund? I made the purchases using my on-board credit - how will I be refunded, if at all?

Thanks very much!

Regards,

Salacia

P.S. If you're thinking of buying something from the Jackie Kennedy Collection on board QM2, you might want take a look at the JFK Library shop on line http://store.jfklibrary.org/Jacqueline-Kennedy-Jewelry/3097/3038-3097/Dept?ad_id=gadw&key_id=jacquelinekennedycollection_phrase&gclid=CIyc3ZCp57kCFc-e4Aod03EAww

Thanks Salacia, Yep, there's my bracelet......$30 cheaper. Every time on board, I always regret not bringing the bracelet along to ask if they would take it back for credit since they still have it on display.

Hi Brigitte. I bought the bracelet on display, but first I asked if I might see another bracelet that hadn't been on display. The woman in the shop said no, she had just "refreshed the bracelet" (whatever that means). I had purchased the necklace earlier, and was hoping for a better match in the stones. Fat chance. I was not in the mood for a discussion; having escaped the gastrointestinal illness, I was laid low by the respiratory thing that was going around. Isolated myself from public areas for most of 5 days. Still coughing. (Christmas Cruise 2011 revisited, if you know what I mean.) Sorry I didn't get to say hello last week. Happy to read that you and Tom had a good time. Cheers -S

Salacia, I am so sorry to hear about the respiratory issues. I truly hope this one doesn't hold on like the last one did.....that was about 3 months worth.

I'm guessing "refreshed" means she wiped off the fingerprints. That is my least favorite shop on board because the staff usually acts as if you are interrupting them when you ask for help. I had my own issues with, I'm guessing, the same saleswomen.....truly unhelpful and not a great attitude.

I would call Cunard and ask what you can do about returning your items....mainly because you might always feel about yours the way I feel about my bracelet.

Sorry for jumping in here - just wanted to say hello to Brigitte as we never got to see each other again after our first evening meeting in the Chart Room.

Salacia - I too came down with a respiratory thing which lasted throughout the cruise. The ship's Doctor prescribed cough medicine, which did nothing, so on returning home I visited my Doc who prescribed antibiotics. Feeling a bit better at last :)

Shirley

Sorry for jumping in here - just wanted to say hello to Brigitte as we never got to see each other again after our first evening meeting in the Chart Room.

Salacia - I too came down with a respiratory thing which lasted throughout the cruise. The ship's Doctor prescribed cough medicine, which did nothing, so on returning home I visited my Doc who prescribed antibiotics. Feeling a bit better at last :)

Shirley

Hi Penzance. Oh, so sorry to hear you also caught the "thing" :eek:, but very happy that you are feeling a bit better now.

On the plus side, you and your hubby get a re-take on your 47th anniversary celebration - this time on land and in good health please :)

Regards,

Salacia

Sorry for jumping in here - just wanted to say hello to Brigitte as we never got to see each other again after our first evening meeting in the Chart room.

Shirley

Ahh Shirley, Memory is the first to go, we had a lovely second evening in the Chart Room. Tom started going to the 8pm trivia and that ended anything pre dinner. I'm so sorry you ended up with that as well. I know how miserable that is. I'm glad you are starting to recover because it can really hang on. It took me three rounds of antibiotics when I caught that on a Christmas trip. Wishing you a speedy complete recovery. Brigitte

Archived