Why should I switch to Carnival?

Jenn31708

If you're a smoker, you'll be happy to know that Carnival hasn't modified their smoking policy yet and balcony smoking is still allowed.

What ship are you considering? Just like a cruise on the Majesty of the Seas will be vastly different than the Allure of the Seas, ships on Carnival will be vastly different as well.

In the meantime, feel free to click on two of my most recent reviews (links in my signature below for the Carnival Dream and the Allure of the Seas). Enjoy!

You get what you pay for.

We've been on a Carnival cruise for under a grand as well and a luxury line for...quite a bit more, as well as several others in-between. ALL our cruises were wonderful. Each one we left feeling that we got our monies worth.

If you see a Carnival cruise for the price, date and location you want, then go for it. :)

We have done 1 RC and 2 Carnival. RC was our best cruise, but then again, it was our first. The RC cruise was partially gifted, the Carnival cruises we paid for ourselves.

We cruise Carnival for price, we simply cannot afford another cruise line. Great cruises for the most part. As mentioned RC was the first, so maybe we were awestruck. Our waiter actually chatted with us. Our room steward we chatted with, this has not happened on our 2 Carnival cruises. Last cruise we saw our steward once, day 2, once he missed turning down our room (Thursday) and my daughter was saddened that over 7 days only 3 towel animals were found in the room ( yes, not mandatory). Our waiter and us had a language barrier and we witnessed ship crew having verbal altercations twice amongst themselves.

I think it is what you pay for, but negatives aside, what Carnival offers for the price is pretty amazing. In fact, we are saving the money to try another Carnival cruise in January 2015.

What ship are you considering? Just like a cruise on the Majesty of the Seas will be vastly different than the Allure of the Seas, ships on Carnival will be vastly different as well.

This. ^^

I'll take the Carnival Magic over almost any ship. Fantasy Class, not so much. What RC ships have you been on?

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

The staff, food, and price of Carnival is the best we encountered on the seas. It has a relaxing atmosphere, but fun at the same time. Their rooms are also one of the largest. If you are looking at a Carnival cruise, I highly recommend trying the Carnival Breeze. Just like you, I was a Royal fan until my Breeze cruise. Now I will probably be a Carnival Fan for life!

You get what you pay for.

We've been on a Carnival cruise for under a grand as well and a luxury line for...quite a bit more, as well as several others in-between. ALL our cruises were wonderful. Each one we left feeling that we got our monies worth.

If you see a Carnival cruise for the price, date and location you want, then go for it. :)

You'll never know without trying. But, you cannot compare cruises, they differ according to when you go, length, and whomever happens to be near you on that cruise.

Been on both and others. It really is best to see for yourself to form your own opinion.

I like those 2 and others. I like variety. And I haven't had a bad cruise yet.

Food similar, service similar, cabins on Carnival larger than RC. It also depends which RC and Carnival ships you're comparing.

Hubby and I are thinking or giving Carnival a try. We have only done 2 previous cruises, both on Royal Caribbean.

Can someone that has done both cruise lines before tell me the pros and cons comparing them?

Thanks! :)

As many have said, a cruise is what you make. Our first cruise was Carnival and we had a great time and great experience with staff. Try it, you might like it!

Some say Carnival is the Wal Mart/McDonald's of cruising but I think that's unfair. A Carnival cruise is a great value and we've been able to book a lot more stateroom for the money. Given your locale for embarkation, why not try it? We've found the food to be similar, along with the entertainment. The extra fee restaurants on CCL are great. I've never had an issue with balcony second hand smoke on a Carnival cruise.

As for Royal, we enjoy the decor aboard that line's ships and, just like CCL, the perks for returning guests (stateroom "gifts," etc.) Also, Royal is very accommodating for Cruise Critic Roll Call Members as the line provides a Meet and Mingle room, refreshments and crew for a question and answer session.

Hubby and I are thinking or giving Carnival a try. We have only done 2 previous cruises, both on Royal Caribbean.

Can someone that has done both cruise lines before tell me the pros and cons comparing them?

I have been on both, after a bad experience on one in the 90's I swore I'd never go on them again. It's been easy for me to speak with my actions and haven't booked again. Everyone goes on their cruises expecting different things, you have to decide what is most important for you and make your choice on those priorities. If someone "twists" your arm to try a different line and you don't like it then it gives you a chance to say "But, you told me to try it!!" I say, search the threads for things that you're interested in and make an informed decision on your needs and desires.

I think everyone has their own personal taste. I have been on 4 royal Caribbean and 7 carnival cruises. My last two RC cruises were not enjoyable for me, although the ports were great. I love the fun atmosphere on carnival, and also the option of the serenity deck if I want to relax and have peace and quiet. My boyfriend also went on one royal Caribbean cruise, said cruising wasnt for him and we went in may on the splendor. We went on the glory in August and are going back on the splendor in January. I like the atmosphere better on carnival as well as the food variety. I think for the price, it can't be beat. But I think trying it out would be the best way to assess whether carnival is right for you, or not. We personally like it better than RC but some feel the opposite. I say give it a shot and the worst that can happen is that you're still not at work :)

We like Carnival, and haven't been back to RCL. For the price Carnival is the best way to go. We have sailed on Princess as well. Our first cruise on Princess didn't set well with us, but we tried again for the Panama Canal and it was much better. We're going to Hawaii on the Grand Princess in November and will probably cruise both lines in the future, but not RCL. Try Carnival and experience it for yourself.

I am not a "Carnival cheerleader", but I am pleased with Carnival. Any time we have had any issue guest services have gone above and beyond to make it right and they do so without attitude. The ships, in my opinion are spotless, the food is just okay, but wait staff is good. Entertainment in the main lounge is not the best, but if you don't enjoy it, there is always something else going on. The only real negatives I can think of is the room temperatures. They are way too warm for us. You can't control the temp, you can only open and close the damper. But guest services will bring a fan to your room. The other is customer service over the phone. I would give it a failing rate. With that said, we cruise for the ports, not the ship, so we are satisfied, and we can be a little on the picky side.

Give it a try, if you aren't happy, use the guarantee they are promoting.

It's like asking should I take the limo, or the LIRR. Both will get you there. One is cheaper.

I took RC once and was not all impressed with them-definitely not this comparison-more like getting a town car from two different companies

and each one has their pluses and negatives. If you want to do a comparison of limo to LIRR(whatever that is),do Oceania to RC.

I'm not loyal to any cruise line. I just can't wrap my arms around doing the same type of cruise, in the same relative atmosphere over and over. And, the few perks you get for being loyal, just aren't enough to get me to stick with one cruise line.

That being said, if you're looking at the biggest and best, on any of these cruise lines, I doubt you'll be disappointed in any of them. I was on the Carnival Breeze last month. Beautiful ship. Servce was outstanding. Food ranged from good to very good.

I've also sailed RCL's Allure. Again, beautiful ship.

Biggest difference between the two, on the Allure, they try to make you forget you're on a cruise as there are times you can't even see the sea on their main areas. On the Breeze, you have lots of areas that you can feel/see the sea, areas for relaxing, areas to enjoy a meal, areas to gather in floating in the water. I liked that, a lot.

Food is going to be similar. Service is going to be similar. I had never been on the Oasis. It was a little bit less expensive than the Breeze. But, the Breeze rolled out the new dining areas (Guys Buregers, FAt Jimmy's BBQ...both were outstanding) and the new look of Carnival Ships. Plus, I hadn't sailed Carnival in a few years. Loved the cruise, the service the dining and how beautiful the ships was.

As others have said, book the one that has the itinerary and the price that fits best into your budget, in the category you desire.

You won't be disappointed with either.

Archived