platinum gifts

IflyWithDi

I understand what you are saying but I still stand behind my feelings. I taught my kids to always say thank you, regardless of the gift. But most people asked what they wanted, so they were happy when they opened their presents.

A shave kit for a boy is something that might be used by a boy. Imagine if your beloved grandmother had bought a shave kit for all the grand kids-including the girls, no matter their ages.

That's what I think Carnival is doing with the hats. "We purchased lots of these hats to give to our Platinum and Diamond cruisers so we'll give them to all. It doesn't matter if they wear hats or not or have sailed multiple times and already have more than one each."

Ccl is in a tough position they are trying to do something nice but whatever the gift is some are gonna love it some are gonna hate it.. I'm not sure any other cruise line gives a free gift I know ncl gives a free dinner for 2 at le bistro to each platinum member. So if you and the spouse are platinum you can go 2x

Simple question why do people complain about a free gift?

It's not exactly a free gift. It's a reward for consistently spending A LOT OF MONEY on one cruiseline. If you don't wear ball caps, they are useless to you.

I have gotten some nice gifts and am hoping for a Tervis Tumbler. I don't wear ball caps. Don't know anyone in my family who would want a Carnival cap. Everyone I know that has gotten the Tumblers love them and want more.

It's not exactly a free gift. It's a reward for consistently spending A LOT OF MONEY on one cruiseline. If you don't wear ball caps, they are useless to you.

I have gotten some nice gifts and am hoping for a Tervis Tumbler. I don't wear ball caps. Don't know anyone in my family who would want a Carnival cap. Everyone I know that has gotten the Tumblers love them and want more.

I spend alot of money at Walmart but they don't give me a free gift.. Spend alot with my cable company car insurance power and water company.. All I ever get is a new bill every month

Not even a thank you..

maritaysa,They gave us ball caps on the Aug 27th sailing.

Thanks for the info. So far, my favorite platinum gifts have been the backpack and the Tervis tumbler. I guess the cap can come in handy on bad hair days, especially on those mornings I want to walk around the ship first thing in the morning while the family is sleeping.:D

I spend alot of money at Walmart but they don't give me a free gift.. Spend alot with my cable company car insurance power and water company.. All I ever get is a new bill every month

Not even a thank you..

Our credit card gives us free gifts. We use our credit card for everything and hardly ever spend cash. We pay off off our bill every month. We earn points toward whatever we want. So far, we've cashed in points towards four cruises.

We earn free hotel rooms and airline flights through those programs as well.

i got binoculars '12 and a cooler in '11.. what is a tarvis tumbler? I have ugly polyester mens polo shirts from the blackjack tournament, a hat from 2nd place at something.... I really do not want a hat... I will donate it back to the ship, I don't want it so bad. No one I know will wear that hat. No. One. Not even my scarecrow. A cup would be nice, or anothe pin-- ppl really want those pins. Leaving Sat, for a B2B. I will check back in when I get home in October.

i got binoculars '12 and a cooler in '11.. what is a tarvis tumbler? I have ugly polyester mens polo shirts from the blackjack tournament, a hat from 2nd place at something.... I really do not want a hat... I will donate it back to the ship, I don't want it so bad. No one I know will wear that hat. No. One. Not even my scarecrow. A cup would be nice, or anothe pin-- ppl really want those pins. Leaving Sat, for a B2B. I will check back in when I get home in October.

You will still get the Platinum pin.

Ccl is in a tough position they are trying to do something nice but whatever the gift is some are gonna love it some are gonna hate it.. I'm not sure any other cruise line gives a free gift I know ncl gives a free dinner for 2 at le bistro to each platinum member. So if you and the spouse are platinum you can go 2x

But is this just a 1 time thing? The CCL Platinum gift is for each cruise after reaching that level, not just 1 occasion.

i got binoculars '12 and a cooler in '11..

Least favorite gift we have received as Platinum. We gave ours to the grandkids. Next least favorite was the pen/pad set. Not sure what DW did with these. But, a gift is still a gift, and feel lucky if I receive something I'll actually use.:D

I have three of the tumblers. Love them. One is on my desk at work, DH has confiscated another, and the last one is for when I go in the pool at home. If we get hats in December, I'll put them in DH's car for when the top is down, or wear them when we walk in the rain. DH can never have enough caps.

Do the gifts vary depending on the length of the cruise? I'll be Platinum on my next cruise. It's a 4 day cruise.

I believe you only get gifts and pins on cruises 5+ days long.

Length of cruise does not matter as far as gifts. I sailed a four-day cruise with my mom back in June and received a Tervis Tumbler and pin.

There are no Past Guest parties on cruises under five days days, though.

We received really nice tote bags and coupon booklets on our SECOND Royal Caribbean cruise and great umbrellas and coupon booklets on our third RC cruise.

Archived