Allure of the Sea - onboard now sept 15 to 23 Eastern Caribbean

frostycanada

Well apparently I touched a nerve with a few regarding the "saving your lounge chair at the pool" lol. Only telling it like it is folks. They do have signs up saying you can hold for 30mins FYI

One said it was rude, another inconsiderate, I agree with both. HOWEVER, those that do save their lounge chair, will enjoy a nice place with pool and sunshine as well as enjoy their vacation.

Others that want to be polite and not "reserve" your chair, will be commended for your actions just not on the ship.

For the record I'm not saying lay down your towel at 6am and show up at noon. I'm saying, get there early, have a dip, walk around, come back, have a lay down, enjoy a beverage, get up and have lunch, come back.

Ok... I really don't see anything wrong with this. If there is a sign that says 30 minutes, and you get up, leave for a few to do whatever, but you come back... I say that's still your chair. You have not been gone for 30 minutes, maybe 5 or 10. What if your in the pool swimming for 30 or 40 minutes with your kids? To each his own, but I think flaming the OP for this is just ridiculous, as is much of what is said on these boards sometimes. I appreciate his honesty!

Now, if you get up at 6:30, save a chair with your towel, and go back to bed, only to reappear at noon, that's what I call rude.

Carry on:rolleyes:

Well, its bad enough to do it; worse to encourage others to follow suit. :shrug:

Seriously?? I'm sorry, but there are soo many other important things to worry about other than this. You may as well label him a bad person. At least that's the way your making him sound. If I was the OP, I wouldn't exactly want to come back and share my opinion of what's happening on my cruise either.

SMH....

Think Frosty is going to stop posting after all this uproar about pool chairs:(

That is sad. I was enjoying the review.. I wish everyone would get off their soapbox and quit kicking a dead horse!! This topic about the chair hogging is dead to me!! I have seen it way too many time on the ships and nothing is done.. Let them finish the review. If you don't agree with it, don't read it and for heavens sake quit disagreeing until the very end...then give your opinion.. quit being so rude to the reviewer!! WOW!!

Ok... I really don't see anything wrong with this. If there is a sign that says 30 minutes, and you get up, leave for a few to do whatever, but you come back... I say that's still your chair. You have not been gone for 30 minutes, maybe 5 or 10. What if your in the pool swimming for 30 or 40 minutes with your kids? To each his own, but I think flaming the OP for this is just ridiculous, as is much of what is said on these boards sometimes. I appreciate his honesty.

Now, if you get up at 6:30, save a chair with your towel, and go back to bed, only to reappear at noon, that's what I call rude.

Re-read Frosty's activity while poolside.

Cruisers can usually see when chair users are in the pool.

That is sad. I was enjoying the review.. I wish everyone would get off their soapbox and quit kicking a dead horse!! This topic about the chair hogging is dead to me!! I have seen it way too many time on the ships and nothing is done.. Let them finish the review. If you don't agree with it, don't read it and for heavens sake quit disagreeing until the very end...then give your opinion.. quit being so rude to the reviewer!! WOW!!

I wonder how RCCL feels about a cruiser stating their poolside rule is bs!

Ok... I really don't see anything wrong with this. If there is a sign that says 30 minutes, and you get up, leave for a few to do whatever, but you come back... I say that's still your chair. You have not been gone for 30 minutes, maybe 5 or 10. What if your in the pool swimming for 30 or 40 minutes with your kids? To each his own, but I think flaming the OP for this is just ridiculous, as is much of what is said on these boards sometimes. I appreciate his honesty.

Re-read Frosty's activity while poolside.

In answering your question:

Cruisers can usually see when chair users are in the pool. ;)

I prefer to police myself with any Rules in life. :)

That's perfectly fine and honorable, however, Royal Caribbean should also have its shipboard personnel consistently and reliably enforcing their various rules and policies. The pool deck chair hogging situation is a great example of this.

I got no impression that OP was condoning the behavior, just simply "telling it like it is" from what they see. In that context it's useful information so people know what to expect.

For all of those that have ever had issues with chair hogging; have any of you ever gone to the deck patrol, or whatever they go by, and asked if they could open up some seats for you that have been vacant for over 30 minutes?

Seems like a fair amount of people on this board get cheezed off by the actions of other PAX, but never ask the crew to do anything about it either.

I got no impression that OP was condoning the behavior, just simply "telling it like it is" from what they see. In that context it's useful information so people know what to expect.

For all of those that have ever had issues with chair hogging; have any of you ever gone to the deck patrol, or whatever they go by, and asked if they could open up some seats for you that have been vacant for over 30 minutes?

Seems like a fair amount of people on this board get cheezed off by the actions of other PAX, but never ask the crew to do anything about it either.

You are assuming a "fair amount of people" do not ask, the crew to do something about it. I'll tell you I do. However, a pool user for longer than 30 min. no problem.

That's perfectly fine and honorable, however, Royal Caribbean should also have its shipboard personnel consistently and reliably enforcing their various rules and policies. The pool deck chair hogging situation is a great example of this.

Well of course. :)

Don't forget the Dress Code, its a good example also:D

Thought I would send this post in a different direction:D

Come back FROSTY.....:)

People amaze me . He was reporting what he saw and these low lifes try to flame him. They are the same ones who complain about formal night and the nerve of someone not dressing up . What a crock, Canada don't judge all of us by the crotchety people who should take there Walmart gowns and there Diamond cards and move on to Holland where they will be much happier than having to sail with all of us neer do wells. :eek:

People amaze me . He was reporting what he saw and these low lifes try to flame him. They are the same ones who complain about formal night and the nerve of someone not dressing up . What a crock, Canada don't judge all of us by the crotchety people who should take there Walmart gowns and there Diamond cards and move on to Holland where they will be much happier than having to sail with all of us neer do wells. :eek:

No, he said don't bother following the rule and that it was BS. And, what a nice respectful post. Apparently, we have to pat everyone on the back and tell them how wonderful they are, regardless of what they do or say. But, whatever.

Also, "frosty" doesn't seem like the type of person to be scared off by a few posts.

Read his post again. After explaining what he chose to do, He said do as your little heart desires! And/or as we dam* well please!

Archived