How do you fall asleep

momof3terriers

Ok, my best how-to-go-to-sleep hint. I put a book in the CD player, and headphones on my head. Now, the proper way is a book you've already read a dozen times. I'm currently listening to the Twilight series, again. (for the umpteenth time) Puts me right to sleep. The trick is to keep the mind occupied while the body relaxes into sleep. I've also listened to Harry Potter books a trillion times.. lol

(this hint is also helpful when you need to drown out your husbands snoring, or noisy neighbors in the next cabin)

I've been doing it for at least 20 years. I now use my Ipad and Audable. (sp?) Absolutely heavenly. I find Sony's headphones comfortable, and I've tried them all.

Either way, its the night before my cruise and I'm just as excited as you!!!:D

Now that the packing has started it is even worse.

My husband and I keep texing each other with

"this time next week we will be............."

Hope you found a cure for your sleepless nights. I see you are sailing to Bermuda, We are going to Bermuda in 4 weeks. What is on your ajenda for the island if you don't mind me asking.

I want to see the zoo.

I am leaving on the grandeur of the seas. Would be more than happy to take pictures of the ship, food, and Bermuda if you like and post them all when I get back on Oct. 3.

We would like to see the crystal caves and stop by Flatt's Village. Pictures of the Wharf area are always great.

Read Skinny Dip...a hilarious cruise theme book by Carl Hiaason..I'm 12 days out and having trouble sleeping too....sigh...I sleep like a baby on those 72.5 by 82 inch king beds in the cabins....esp with the sliders open....

Dawn

Sent from my DROID4 using Forums mobile app

I can't fall asleep the night before a cruise. Too excited. So after a restless night and a busy day of boarding the ship, unpacking, meeting up with new friends and then rushing to dinner I usually pass out around 9 and land up missing the first welcome aboard show.

OMG!!! I'm not cruising until the end of November...this will be my first cruise and I just can't freaking wait!

My last thought as I get in bed each night is always this darn cruise...and I've struggled getting to sleep; and it's not even October yet.

So, I just cuddle up in the sheets and plan my wardrobe or go over a packing list in my head. It works better than counting sheep. Maybe as the date get's closer I'll switch to thinking about my Christmas lists!

I want to see the zoo.

I am leaving on the grandeur of the seas. Would be more than happy to take pictures of the ship, food, and Bermuda if you like and post them all when I get back on Oct. 3.

You can come with us to the zoo - it is one of the things our son wants to do...lol

Archived