How do you fall asleep

momof3terriers

Read "War and Peace". I never make it past the second chapter. Please don't tell me how it ends, because I really don't care.:D

Promise ... I'll never tell you! :D Don't cheat and watch the movie.

To the OP:

Actually, reading is a good idea ... especially if it's something fiction involving a cruise or where you'll be cruising. Sort of takes your mind off YOUR cruise.

Rather envy you and your super excitement which I had at one time. Now, I still love to cruise but don't have the feeling of anticipation I once did.

The good part is that if something happens and we miss the cruise I know there is always another so I'm OK with it.

The bad part is that I miss the "HIGH"!

Enough about me ... you need to read a book and get your mind elsewhere. ;)

LuLu

~~~~

Between working two jobs, going to school, and unpacking/doing mild renovations to our new home, I don't have any problem sleeping. :p

You could also try exercising if you don't already. Even when done early in the mornings people who exercise on a regular basis sleep better.

Or Nyquil!

I am so excited and it's a little over a week to go. What do you do to help yourself sleep when you are super excited?

I wish I had your problem---being so excited about my cruise in a week that I can't sleep. <LOL> My cruise is still 6 months away. I look forward to the excitement of not being able to sleep. Our first two days are sea days, so I figure I'll make up for the lack of sleep then.

Enjoy your cruise!!

My Cruise isnt til May 2014.. I dont know, I watch some cruise videos on you tube. But ive been working so much Overtime lately, to help pay for the cruise that i really havent had too much time to think about it minus time on Cruise Critic :o.. I find the night before we depart I am all ancy. I just close my eyes. Its like Santa claus he wont come when you are awake

I am so excited and it's a little over a week to go. What do you do to help yourself sleep when you are super excited?

It's a good problem to have. The first cruise is oh so special. Enjoy every moment of anticipation even if it's at 3 in the morning!:)

Of course with all this lack of sleep, you will probably be exhausted once you get on board and will sleep for the entire cruise! ;)

Just kidding. It is hard, I know, but reading is a good solution.

As for war and piece, I did read the whole thing and I found it a fascinating book. Of course I thought the same thing about Moby Dick....

As for the movies of war and piece, they only cover a small part of the book. As good as they are, don't think watching the movie is a substitute for reading the book...

Good luck with the sleeping....

We have a waterbed so when I am super excited about an upcoming cruise I have 3 or 4 Manhattens and go to bed, snuggle my pillow and meditate to feel the motion of the ship rocking me to sleep.

We sail on Sunday, the 22nd but are spending two nights in Seattle pre-cruise. :)

Rockfan2

Oosterdam Sept 22

We have a waterbed so when I am super excited about an upcoming cruise I have 3 or 4 Manhattens and go to bed, snuggle my pillow and meditate to feel the motion of the ship rocking me to sleep.

We sail on Sunday, the 22nd but are spending two nights in Seattle pre-cruise. :)

Rockfan2

Oosterdam Sept 22

For Christmas you should ask for a sound machine with ocean waves and a fan for those oh so gentle breezes! :D But then again, you may just get so comfy that you sleep in and miss the ship!:eek:

It won't be long now (jealous!!!), have a super cruise!:)

Our cruise is in 10 days! Haven't slept well for weeks! I stay up late looking at pictures of the ship and these posts. :) I really am afraid I will be too tired to enjoy the cruise. :eek:

Archived