How is the nightlife on freedom of the seas?

quiksilver23

I'm in my late 20's and planning on going on Royal Caribbeans Freedom of the seas in January. How is the nightlife on board? Is it one of those ships where everyones in bed by 9 or does it go till 2 or 3am? Is there a lot of people in their 20's and 30's that go on the ship?

I gotta tell ya - it varies from week to week depending on the people ... the offerings can be the same and one cruise it JAMS and the next it is dead ....

best thing is to see if you can be one that on the first night helps get the party going!!!!

which does NOT mean drunk and stupid ... it means fun & energy

but I also think it is safe to say that times when the college crowd can sail DO have a slightly higher probability of a party crowd. BUT THAT IS NOT A SURE THING EITHER. dd and I took a Liberty (sister to Freedom) cruise on her spring break a couple of years ago and the clubs were DEAD by 10 ... she was very disappointed in this regard. (I was in bed and did not care!)

So that comes back to ... it depends on the crowd and you have no control over that . . .

on the PLUS side, I think your age demographic is correct for RCL today as compared to some other lines . . .

Im 26, just off FoS, sailed 1st Sept. There are lots of bars to choose from and different parties going on each night. The crypt nightclub opens till 4 i think and was half full most nights. Although I was with my gf so an open bar and were sorted the two of us. We did meet a lot of young american hooneymooners ( im from Ireland), and drank with them from to time. All in all it was no Dublin but it was adequate, im going to sail freedom next year again.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Archived