Anyone have an opinion

allegiant

We are leaving Jan. for Eastern Caribbean on Reflection. We have starboard (just off the hump aft) large balconies 8252 and 8254 category:1A but are wondering if port would be better, especially since cabins 7221 and 7223 Category: 2A port side are now available. Thanks

We are leaving Jan. for Eastern Caribbean on Reflection. We have starboard (just off the hump aft) large balconies 8252 and 8254 category:1A but are wondering if port would be better, especially since cabins 7221 and 7223 Category: 2A port side are now available. Thanks

Always book starboard balconies as smoking areas are on Port side. Otherwise I don't know of a reason to switch.

If you are traveling with friends/family, the 1A cabins are adjoining, and you can also have the cabin steward remove part of the balcony divider - which of course you can also do with the 2A cabins. Personally, I would opt for the larger balconies with the 1A cabins. :)

Always book starboard balconies as smoking areas are on Port side. Otherwise I don't know of a reason to switch.

We were on deck 7 portside, on the hump, midship. The smoking area was below us on deck 5 and we never smelled any smoke. My husband is super sensitive to it.

I'm so glad we booked portside for our cruise. We had the best views going into ports for the most part.

We were on deck 7 portside, on the hump, midship. The smoking area was below us on deck 5 and we never smelled any smoke. My husband is super sensitive to it.

I'm so glad we booked portside for our cruise. We had the best views going into ports for the most part.

Glad you had no problems from the smoking area.

I think we'll continue booking starboard cabins unless the port location would seem advantageous to us, e. g., on a TA or Southbound Alaska cruise.

DH and I have become accustomed to starboard cabins. We know which way to turn to go forward or aft when leaving our stateroom ! LOL

• 1 month later...

We booked 7249 and I did worry a bit about noise and smoke from the smoking area on deck 5 port. There is at least one reference to it on the S-Class cabin spreadsheet. But since the ship is underway at night and on sea days I doubt either will be any bother. But if I had your rooms I think I'd sit tight. The hump balconies look nice.

When are you going? We are on the 11/11/14 eastern Caribbean. Whichever sail date, join your roll call. It's nice to chat with people on your same cruise. :)

Archived