Anyone ever do Chef's Table with special diet needs?

jled

I am sailing on the Splendour of the Seas in three weeks.. October 12.. and I have the Chef's Table package booked. I was just wondering if anyone has ever done the Chef's Table package and had special dietary needs.. I don't eat red meat at from what I have Googled, it looks like the main course is Lamb??? I am a very " clean" eater but I am one of those people who doesn't usually make a big deal out of the foods..but I was wondering if there is a vegetarian option.. and would I have to request it in advance?? ... Just wondering..because I just had a lovely email from the Food and Wine Tour that I had booked in Venice, asking if I had any special dietary needs and how they would love to accommodate.. so I figured I would ask in advance.. thanks so much

They are usually very good about meeting dietary needs. I would contact the Chef's Table manager as soon as you board to let him/her know of your special needs. The chef should be able to make a substitution for you. While we didn't need to make any changes for our Chef's Table dinner, when we dined at 150 Central Park we needed to make a change to one of the courses and it was not a problem at all. We just let them know as soon as possible.

I do not eat red meat or pork and am allergic to shellfish. My husband let them now ahead of time (and we were SURE they knew that we did not expect that yachting would be done special for me, that i was fine having something off of the regular menu, etc).

On Legend the May the chef made me a very nice fish entree and they served me the Chops salad in place of the shellfish salad that others had. I actually wrote about it in my blog, with photos of the various dishes, if you are interested, let me know and I'll find the post and put a link up for you.

Yes, it´s no problem, just let them know ahead!

DH is not fond of scallops and got them replaced on the Oasis. On the Splendour our friend had to eat Gluten free. No problem. She got her own bread and everything else was prepared Gluten free for her.

steamboats

BTW the menu on May 26th was

Lobster and Alaskan King Crab Leg Salad

Soup Trio

Chinese-Style Duck Roll

Roasted Double Lamd Cutlet

Warm Granny Smith Apple Pacan and Pine Nut Torte

I have a severe shellfish and seafood allergy. When we made the reservation with the concierge ahead of time, I made sure he knew. My booking was also flagged. I was very satisfied and happy with what the chef prepared. There were others at the Chef's Table who were vegetarians or were on a B2B and attended the previous week. All were accommodated with something different.

Seeing we are talking about chefs table I have a question. My husband does not drink alcohol at all i was jus going to give away his wine pairing but any body had this issue, do they just bring him soda water or coke, do they take price of wine off bill. Not a biggy just wondering

Archived