Repositioning cruises

bfkkbc

How is that you all go about finding the repositioning cruises on Carnival's website?? Thanks!:o

They don't have a lot. They have one for the Dream and Sunshine next year when they switch. Look for special cruises. Other lines that swap ships regularly have more.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app from my IPhone

Not all repositioning cruises are transatlantic, some are just changing to different home ports in the US, too. For instance, the Conquest is moving from New Orleans to Miami in November and there are actually 2 cruises in the repositioning. The first is from NO to San Juan, the second is from San Juan to Miami. (That is the next one we'll be on!:cool:)

One way to find them would be to just do a search for cruises from one home port for a wide range of dates. See if a ship stops cruising from that port within the time frame you searched. The repositioning cruise would show as an itinerary with only one sail date that ends in a different home port.

Hope that helps.

Not all repositioning cruises are transatlantic, some are just changing to different home ports in the US, too. For instance, the Conquest is moving from New Orleans to Miami in November and there are actually 2 cruises in the repositioning. The first is from NO to San Juan, the second is from San Juan to Miami. (That is the next one we'll be on!:cool:)

One way to find them would be to just do a search for cruises from one home port for a wide range of dates. See if a ship stops cruising from that port within the time frame you searched. The repositioning cruise would show as an itinerary with only one sail date that ends in a different home port.

Hope that helps.

Thank you much!! Helps a bunch! I have my homework cut out for me!!:eek:

We just booked the 9-day repositioning cruise on the Carnival Dream yesterday. It is repositioning from Port Canaveral to New Orleans. You may wanna check it out.....the prices for that cruise are really great right now if you book under the 2014 Preview Sale. Its is 50% off deposits and free upgrades :D

We just booked the 9-day repositioning cruise on the Carnival Dream yesterday. It is repositioning from Port Canaveral to New Orleans. You may wanna check it out.....the prices for that cruise are really great right now if you book under the 2014 Preview Sale. Its is 50% off deposits and free upgrades :D

I have been eyeing this cruise since they posted it. I really want to do it but it doesn't coincide with my daughter school vacation. And I feel bad leaving her. Ugh. :(. Not out of the question yet. Lol

I have been eyeing this cruise since they posted it. I really want to do it but it doesn't coincide with my daughter school vacation. And I feel bad leaving her. Ugh. :(. Not out of the question yet. Lol

I just saw this cruise too. BUT we have a Liberty cruise booked for the week before on ES and have already gotten one price drop so it would cost us $240 in lost dollars to change. Another reason I get upset about the loss of FCC.

Other repo cruises are Alaska/Mexican Riviera.

Carnival does a Vancouver-Hawaii, then Hawaii-Long Beach, CA route. Other cruiselines either do three day, no port cruises or weeklong hitting ports along the West Coast in April/May and August/September.

On occassion there are other cruises. Splendor has gone Around-the-Horn because she's too big for the Panama Canal. The Imagination is going thru the Panama Canal in February to her new homeport on the West Coast.

The legend is also repositioning to Sydney August 30 next year out of LA if you want to go transpacific.

This is like the mother of all repositioning cruises as Carnival goes. We would love to do this one but since we're already cruising twice next year I don't think we have to money or the vacation time to pull it off!

Archived