Laundry Items

faymuiheng

Everything is washed and dried at very hot temperatures.

I only send cotton and permanent-press items that have been washed often enough in the past so I am reasonably certain will not shrink or fade.

If your dressy shirt or blouse from formal night gets a stain and you need to wear it again, have it dry cleaned.

I made the mistake on my last cruise of sending a pair of brand new polyester pleat-textured trousers to be washed for the very first time. When I put them back on most of the seams began unravelling! (Thankfully not in the seat). Oh well, I wasn't going to put in a claim for slacks I bought from a $10 clearance rack--but when I got home the store still took them back.

So lesson learned: nothing new, nothing that goes in gentle cycle. Are re detergent: my mom only uses "free" laundry soap at home but has never had any problems with what the ship uses.

I thought the ships didn't actually wash anything. That they used some kind of chemical treatment.
They do. It's not hot water but more like a giant dry-cleaning machine I've seen at the dry cleaners. The drying and pressing is another story. Clothing is put through hot presses. It's not ironed by hand. Things like jackets are ironed by hand.

I wear washable linen pants all the time, at home and on a cruise. I've never had a problem. I've sent washable silk blend tops to the laundry as well. Since I buy and wear only washable fabrics, I put everything in the laundry bag.

Archived