Gem Canada/New England 9/14-21

Big Al B.

I think they said to allow 45 minutes for tendering, I would do more. I think they were having some equipment problems because they took one of the tenders out of the water.

Our weather was perfect, clear skies, temps in the 70's everywhere but Halifax where it was high 60's.

thanks again :)

Yes it has. Look at the top of the page and you will see a box that links to reviews. Choose Member Reviews. Go to Norwegian Gem and it should be there. There is also another review of the cruise by Dschoolie. There is a link to our port reviews at the end of the cruise review also. BTW, I did not rate Boston 0.0 out of 5. I didn't rate it as we really didn't do anything except get lost driving back to ship :-P.

Glad you enjoyed your cruise! And thanks for all the info for the rest of us! Curious to know where the tenders left you off in Newport? Was it near the cliff walk or on the other side by the main street?

Thanks again!

The Newport tender drops passengers on the water side of Perotti Park which is located on the southwest side of the intersection of America's Cup Ave and Long Wharf.

The start of Cliff Walk is located about 1¼ miles from the tender dock and is on the other side of the island. There is no Main St in Newport.

I would say the tender ride in Newport is about 15-17 minutes excluding loading and unloading passengers depending on conditions; in Bar Harbor, about 10-12 minutes.... .

SBtS

Archived