Cabins under windjammer on Jewel

cruiseacecat

I searched and found this thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=439746&highlight=jewel+1596+1598

Personally, I would never book a cabin under the WJ. Some may say it's OK, not too noisy, but my goodness they are busy there at almost all hours of the day and night, right? I wouldn't do it but obviously many do as I'm sure they sail full every cruise.

We've been lucky to have had #1100 (right under the WJ) on JOS and had no problems with noise or it's location...It's one of my all time favorite cabins. If this general cabin location had any drawbacks on the Radiance class it wouldn't have the fan base they have ..It's not the location to the WJ of your 1596 & 1598 that should be of concern it's the possible small obstruction in 1598 .;):)

We've been lucky to have had #1100 (right under the WJ) on JOS and had no problems with noise or it's location...It's one of my all time favorite cabins. If this general cabin location had any drawbacks on the Radiance class it wouldn't have the fan base they have ..It's not the location to the WJ of your 1596 & 1598 that should be of concern it's the possible small obstruction in 1598 .;):)

I know about the obstruction and that does not concern me as much as noise. I like my sleep. :) You were on the opposite side, is the galley only on the starboard side? I am so torn. I have a D2 and just saw these this morning for less. Really tempted. Thanks so much for replying.

We were in 1596 on Jewel's sister ship, Serenade, 3 years ago. We never heard a thing from the WJ above us.

Here are a few pics. It was our first JS, so we LOVED the space.

09cfe872.jpg

d00ee12e.jpg

We determined this area was directly above our stateroom. I'm surprised we did not hear anything, as I am a light sleeper and we do not stay out late, but we did not.

ac78c533.jpg

This is peeking around the corner to the balcony of 1598 (it wasn't occupied on that cruise, so we weren't being nosy!).

ff0a2c45.jpg

c1ced416.jpg

• 6 months later...

Did you find that the 1598 balcony was the same size as 1596, or was it bigger? I've read mixed reviews on it.... some who have stayed in it say it is longer & the part that is in the alcove is in addition to the standard JS balcony area. We booked it for this fall... so I'm sure hoping that's the case!!! haha

• 3 months later...

Sue thanks for posting. I am getting ready to book on JOS and trying to decide between a D2 cabin and JS 1596... it looks like in all of the D1 and D2 cabins that the beds are next to the balcony which i don't want so looking to do the JS. trying to decide if it is worth the extra $$. and then wondering if being uder the cafe would be noisy. the only JS available on the cruise we are looking at are on deck 10

Yes...1598 is larger....the "alcove" is a great place to nap! We did hear some thumping from above at times, but hey..nowhere is completely quiet!

All of the JS's have the sitting area near the balcony.

Edited by cb at sea