Grand Turk

Dog Drool

Have been to Grand Turk several times...usually just one ship which is the way I like it:D Personally I would just stay on the ship:eek:

We have been in the afternoon...and the other ship that is already there will leave within the hour...which is okay.....best times for us is when the ship docks early in the am and you can get off the ship and enjoy the pool for a few hours while it's still early and relatively quiet...have also been when pool was closed within 30 minutes of getting there...babies in the pool:eek:

Oh my. I've never been there with more than just one ship. I would imagine it would be very crowded. My advice would be that if you are the first ship there, get off and enjoy the area a bit until the others arrive.

Douglas...Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh my. I've never been there with more than just one ship. I would imagine it would be very crowded. My advice would be that if you are the first ship there, get off and enjoy the area a bit until the others arrive.

Douglas...Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good advice. :)

WOW - I didn't even realize they could have three ships in there at once. As the other poster said one will have to tender.

I have been there twice when there were two ships calling that day and Margaritaville was a complete zoo - even getting close to the bar to get a drink was hard. If it were me I would either rent a cabana as then you know you will have your own space and service or stay on the ship and enjoy that while it is less crowded.

When I dock at Grand Turk there will be 3 ships in port.

HAL Nieuw Amsterdam

Caribbean Princess

Carnival Splendor

Will Margeritaville be overwhelmed? Should I just stay on the ship?

It is possible that one of the other ships is on a half day call and only the two will be docked at any one time. If not one of the ships will be at anchor and tender their guests into the port. The guests from 3 big ships will swap the cruise port and probably the island.

Looks like carnival will leave and Princess will come.

so it might be nice from 12-1:30

So actually there aren't 3 ships at once, and no one will have to tender.

Besides, GT os a pretty fair sized island - go someplace other than the Carnival-built port. Rent mopeds and ride down to the lighthouse! :)

I did not check the times before.

I will have to get someplace to watch the dock runners as Carnival has to leave on time for Princess to dock.

With half the crowd staying I am sure there will be some who miss judge the leaving time.

Just be sure you're not the one Princess cruisers are watching as the Westerdam gets ready to leave.

Roy

They close the pier to people for safety reasons whilst the ships are docking etc. I would suggest to anyone in this situation avoid the pier when this happens and immediately afterwards (unless its your ship sailing!).

The lines can be VERY long coming back when they reopen the pier and matched with the outbound rush of the newly docked ship the pier and duty free store becomes a bit of a zoo.

Originally Posted by Dog Drool

When I dock at Grand Turk there will be 3 ships in port.

HAL Nieuw Amsterdam 8:00-15:00

Caribbean Princess 13:00-19:00

Carnival Splendor 7:00-12:30

Looks like carnival will leave and Princess will come.

so it might be nice from 12-1:30

Splendor will be their not so 'prime' hours. Who wants to go to the pool/beach at 7 or 7:30 A.M.? Not me.....

And then they have to be back aboard so early.

If we were on Splendor, we likely would not leave the ship with that scheduling.

Hi everyone,

We lived in TCI for 2 1/2 years. If you get off the ship and grab a cab just outside the main terminal, ask them to take you to the Bohio. It is a hotel/ restaurant that has a lovely outside bar and a beach. You can rent scuba or snorkel equipment there. The food is great and the views are worthwhile. All the locals go there to have a meal out. I used to work at the hospital and we were put up there whenever we flew to GT from the main island of Providenciales for work. Just get the front desk to call a cab when you are ready to go back. The trip from the port to the hotel is about 35 mins. especially when the port is busy. Enjoy!

Hi everyone,

We lived in TCI for 2 1/2 years. If you get off the ship and grab a cab just outside the main terminal, ask them to take you to the Bohio. It is a hotel/ restaurant that has a lovely outside bar and a beach. You can rent scuba or snorkel equipment there. The food is great and the views are worthwhile. All the locals go there to have a meal out. I used to work at the hospital and we were put up there whenever we flew to GT from the main island of Providenciales for work. Just get the front desk to call a cab when you are ready to go back. The trip from the port to the hotel is about 35 mins. especially when the port is busy. Enjoy!

Great tip.....

Thank you. Sounds wonderful. :)

Hi everyone,

Will be on Westerdam visiting Grand Turk from 0700-1500 on December 23. Also in port that day are Carnival Breeze 0700-1400 and Crystal Serenity 0800-1700. Was thinking of going to Bohio because their web site said that they have a hobie cat available for guest use, but it sounds like another benefit will be a more relaxed and less crowded beach.

Sallycruiser, do you know if they still have the hobie cat there?

Will be on Westerdam visiting Grand Turk from 0700-1500 on December 23. Also in port that day are Carnival Breeze 0700-1400 and Crystal Serenity 0800-1700. Was thinking of going to Bohio because their web site said that they have a hobie cat available for guest use, but it sounds like another benefit will be a more relaxed and less crowded beach.

Sallycruiser, do you know if they still have the hobie cat there?

As far as I know they do. Used to be a couple of them you could rent.

Archived