Second City Comedy Show

thephillykid

Does anyone know when these new comedy shows are starting or have they already started. I remember having read a press release about them, but there has been no other threads about them in recent days. The comedy shows on carnival are always a highlight of the cruise and my family and I always look forward to them. Thanks, Howard

It's not Second City (I wish!), but Sin City Comedy, out of Las Vegas. They combine comedy with burlesque....evidently suggestive but not raunchy. I know they just installed the shows on Equinox. I haven't read much on these boards about how they've been received. To be honest, the only reason I know what I do is because I follow both Celebrity and American Airlines on Twitter, and saw a tweet from Sin City that mentioned both of them, saying they were flying to Barcelona to launch the show. I asked how long they would be on Equinox for, and their Twitter guy said "for ever and ever". Not sure if that's true, but do anticipate seeing them on our Mediterranean cruise on Equinox in November.

It's not Second City (I wish!), but Sin City Comedy, out of Las Vegas. They combine comedy with burlesque....evidently suggestive but not raunchy. I know they just installed the shows on Equinox. I haven't read much on these boards about how they've been received. To be honest, the only reason I know what I do is because I follow both Celebrity and American Airlines on Twitter, and saw a tweet from Sin City that mentioned both of them, saying they were flying to Barcelona to launch the show. I asked how long they would be on Equinox for, and their Twitter guy said "for ever and ever". Not sure if that's true, but do anticipate seeing them on our Mediterranean cruise on Equinox in November.

Indeed they were on Equinox already two weeks ago and had great success;

They perform about every other day in Central theater at around 11.15 pm and people were queuing as from 10.30 to get in as this place was much too small for this show. Sky lounge should be better location.

We had just returned from LV where we saw the land version of Sin City.

It is essentially an MC comedian followed by a headline comedian in between some burlesque style dancing. It is held in a super tiny venue at Planet Hollywood. Nothing to it. The quality of the comedians make or break the show as with any other comedy act. Not sure how or why X picked up on this. Tickets for this show are often free in Vegas.

We did see the Second City show on NCL Epic earlier this year and were disappointed.

Does anyone know when these new comedy shows are starting or have they already started. I remember having read a press release about them, but there has been no other threads about them in recent days. The comedy shows on carnival are always a highlight of the cruise and my family and I always look forward to them. Thanks, Howard

Second City is on NCL.

We were on the Solstice back in August in Alaska and saw the Sin City Show. We would go to the regular show and the CD would announce there were seats available for the Sin City Show. Same format: MC comedian, dancer and then main comedian. MC was OK, dancer was a time filler and the main comedian was really good. Show was done in the small theater off the entertainment lobby. It was big enough to accommodate everyone who wanted to see it. Since Alaska is a very family oriented cruise, there was enough room for the adults who wanted to see a more risqué show. Although the language was pretty "blue", I was glad to have some different entertainment around midnight. I'd like to see more of this kind of late night show around the fleet.

All the X ships should have a late night Liar's show with the officers. We went to one while in Europe and it was great!

Keep coming up with something to do late night (besides drinking).

I was on Sihlouette back in April and saw The Sin City show and it was

absolutely fabulous:D:):D....the comedian was great. Laughed so hard

my stomach started to hurt;)

I was on Solstice a couple weeks ago. I went and saw the show twice! I could've done without the burlesque, but the comedians were hysterical. The main comedian was very good & he really worked the audience. Laughed so hard both times!!!:D

Barbara

Archived