Spot the Difference (Royal Princess v Britannia)

gstewart

Wonderful, nice two large pools. There appears to be a forward observation lounge on Lido. Also, some outdoor spaces at the back, but couldn't see if there was a pool there as well. The upper decks at the aft of the ship seem to extend out past the cabins more than on the Royal/Regal, but again, I'm not 100% sure.

Mid ship cabins do not extend out in arc. Looks like there is an aft pool or hot tub. 2 large pools, yes. Cabana pool moved forward, maybe part of the spa. Most likely interior changes also. Looks as if they are planning a high end British/Europe ship.

Yes and no Sea Walk or Sea View Bar over the sides of the ship. Obviously the double stack verses the single Princess stack.

Do you think she will need both stacks or will one be fake with something else inside it?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Forums mobile app

Do you think she will need both stacks or will one be fake with something else inside it?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Forums mobile app

I suspect the two smaller stacks are likely both required. The single stack on the Royal is much larger than either of the individual stacks on the Britannia.

Mid ship cabins do not extend out in arc.

Which means that for whatever positive changes they are making, they have actually eliminated the 8% of the cabins with larger balconies. With all the compliants about Royal and Regal's balconies, at least it is theoretically possible to book early, plan well, and secure a larger balcony, albeit, underneath the Sea/SkyWalk. Now, even the best laid plans will result in a micro-balcony.

P&O have confirmed the ship has 4 pools, so the thing aft will be one of those.

Also there will an observation lounge at the front of the ship up top. The same area is cabins on Royal.

Plus we don't know whether P&O has changed the balcony size. They could have modified the design to have larger balconies.

Archived