Riviera Questions - Last minute questions

caviargal

• 2 weeks later...

We are headed to the airport shortly for our flight to Milan, where we will kick off our trip with time there (visiting Como and Bellagio) and then Rapallo, before heading to the ship on the 18th.

Thanks to everyone for all of the information shared in preparation of our first O cruise.

We did upgrade to a PH yesterday for an unbelievable price (negotiated with O for three of our six cabins) and scored one with the extended balcony, just cancelled yesterday. Meant to be :).

I will be posting a full review when we return.

There are no duty free store onboard O ships like some of the main stream lines

You can bring a bottle of spirits onboard & either drink it in your cabin or take it home

We are cruising on Oceania Riviera November 6, 2013. I asked Oceania about bringing alcohol on board (number, types). The reply was 3 bottles of wine per stateroom per cruise, fortified wines included but no distilled alcohol.

We are cruising on Oceania Riviera November 6, 2013. I asked Oceania about bringing alcohol on board (number, types). The reply was 3 bottles of wine per stateroom per cruise, fortified wines included but no distilled alcohol.

There has to be such a Policy in place, to protect the Cruise Line in case the odd passenger tries to abuse the system or drunken behavior becomes an issue.

As a general rule, however, Oceania does not enforce such restrictions beyond the corkage fee in the Restaurants and the prohibition against carrying personal libations into the Public Rooms.

As noted already ..that is the "party line" but unless they are getting more strict you will be able to take some for cabin use ;)

Lyn

As noted already ..that is the "party line" but unless they are getting more strict you will be able to take some for cabin use ;)

Lyn

Thanks. I'm always a little hesitant to go against a policy ever since I had to give up a bottle of B&B I bought in Toronto duty-free and didn't realize I had to leave a secure area to change planes in LA. Nothing like a Home Land Security agent holding up your bottle of booze and yelling out to you "what's this?" in front of a half-hour long line-up for security screening.

Thanks. I'm always a little hesitant to go against a policy ever since I had to give up a bottle of B&B I bought in Toronto duty-free and didn't realize I had to leave a secure area to change planes in LA. Nothing like a Home Land Security agent holding up your bottle of booze and yelling out to you "what's this?" in front of a half-hour long line-up for security screening.

Yes do not bother with the duty free when you have a connection

Buy it in the connecting airport or on the last leg of the trip onboard the flight ;)

Archived