A/C problems on Enchantment??

I was on Labor Day weekend. Also no problems.

One report of a room with a problematic A/C does not make it a ship-wide issue.

I've had that happen to me twice in hotels before, but it didn't mean the entire hotel had problems. And I've stayed in both those hotels multiple times with no issues.

We were on EN recently and were one of the folks who could not get the stateroom cool enough. It's not like it was hot in the room, just not cool enough. Not a huge deal, just had to adjust to sleeping with the sheet only.

I was in 8540 in August and I was one of those people who could not get the room cool enough. It was working but not good enough. It was just the opposite for us on the Jewel, where it the AC got incredibly cold.

I had a friend who sailed in the Family Royal Suite and said he didn't think the AC worked well either.

At first I was thinking that it was maybe where we were on a higher deck but my brother in law who was on deck 2 said he could never get his cool enough either.

Hopefully these were flukes, since other people have said that they have never had problems.

We are going on the Enchantment OTS next month for our first cruise, very excited! However, I was reading a review and it said they had A/C problems that never were resolved. Has anyone else experienced this on Enchantment? Thanks for your feedback:D

Hi, when are you cruising? We are on the Oct 4th sailing.

Happy cruising...be prepared to be hooked :)

Dawn

Sent from my DROID4 using Forums mobile app

January 31, 2013, out of Baltimore. Snow was piled on the pool decks. Stateroom 2012 porthole. Could not get the temperature below 74 degrees at night. Checked by staff three times. Didn't consider that cool enough for comfortable sleeping. Wished we had a slider to open! The passageway in that area was warmer than others also. Went down the hall past the fire doors and everything was noticeably cooler.

We are going on the Enchantment OTS next month for our first cruise, very excited! However, I was reading a review and it said they had A/C problems that never were resolved. Has anyone else experienced this on Enchantment? Thanks for your feedback:D

I had a problem with my room A/C in January on the Enchantment. I called the desk and they sent maintenance. At first they thought it was just an issue with flow, so they removed the covering. My room steward then put it back on the next day. So, I called and had it removed again. I didn't see my room steward, so I put a post it to please don't put the cover back on. It was put back on. When the 3rd maintenance person came to remove it, he took the cover off and said that he didn't think the unit was working correctly. It was a just before dinner, but I said that I would be happy to be late if he could just get it fixed. After about an hour of him replacing parts it was working great. I was so fortunate to get a knowledgeable maintenance guy the 3rd time that didn't just want to do the quickest fix. After 4 days of being in a warm room, I finally had cool air flowing. It was an inside room, so I was so happy to get it cool enough to have a good night of sleep.

I learned to be persistent and just keep calling if you need to. It's vacation and you should be comfortable in your room. Fortunately for me, I don't cruise for the room. I cruise for all the activities and usually don't get back to my room until 3 or 4am (whenever they close the club - I love dancing and the captain is all of our DD). Back the best of the goods and the bads when cruising. I'd rather be cruising then almost anything else.

I had a problem with my room A/C in January on the Enchantment. I called the desk and they sent maintenance. At first they thought it was just an issue with flow, so they removed the covering. My room steward then put it back on the next day. So, I called and had it removed again. I didn't see my room steward, so I put a post it to please don't put the cover back on. It was put back on. When the 3rd maintenance person came to remove it, he took the cover off and said that he didn't think the unit was working correctly. It was a just before dinner, but I said that I would be happy to be late if he could just get it fixed. After about an hour of him replacing parts it was working great. I was so fortunate to get a knowledgeable maintenance guy the 3rd time that didn't just want to do the quickest fix. After 4 days of being in a warm room, I finally had cool air flowing. It was an inside room, so I was so happy to get it cool enough to have a good night of sleep.

I learned to be persistent and just keep calling if you need to. It's vacation and you should be comfortable in your room. Fortunately for me, I don't cruise for the room. I cruise for all the activities and usually don't get back to my room until 3 or 4am (whenever they close the club - I love dancing and the captain is all of our DD). Back the best of the goods and the bads when cruising. I'd rather be cruising then almost anything else.

BTW - My inside room was 7119.

I was on Enchantment in July and had the opposite problem. I froze my noogies off and adjusting the thermostat did nothing. I'm going again on 10/11 and plan to ask for an extra blanket - just in case.

I do suspect the issue on the third night, which was the worst - was that the ship lost power for several hours in the afternoon and several parts of the ship got pretty warm. So my thought was that the AC was working overtime to cool off the ship. But I couldn't get warm in my cabin.

On Enchantment 9-20 Sep. Room never got cool. AC actually did not work at all for 6 hrs on one day. Called maintenance twice, guest services twice. Room temperature was 77 F with no air moving. Probably OK for some but DH perspires profusely at 70 F. Not a comfortable cruise. Barb

enjoy your first cruise. It is addictive.

Archived