Chops Steak in MDR

golfer1966

If the ship doesnt have a Chops, can you still get a Chops Filet in the MDR. I know we have to pay, but I wasnt sure if we can still get one in there is no Chops on board.

Yes, the extra cost filet is available in the MDR on all ships.

• 2 months later...

Just a note that we found the sirloin (which is available every night, and included in your cruise fare) to be quite good. My son ordered one every night in addition to his entrée and he ate every bite. :)

EDITED: Whoops, I see OP posted this before his cruise on Explorer, which has no Chops. Sorry! Someone bumped it and I posted on it.

Edited by Langley Cruisers

You'll be paying an extra 15.00 for a filet that should be prepared in a small cooked to order restaurant and served immediately, but instead it will be coming out of a kitchen that's feeding thousands of people, so what can you expect?

Just my opinion, I wouldn't pay extra like that even if it's an OK filet, just to eat it in a banquet atmosphere like the MDR.

You'll be paying an extra 15.00 for a filet that should be prepared in a small cooked to order restaurant and served immediately, but instead it will be coming out of a kitchen that's feeding thousands of people, so what can you expect?

Just my opinion, I wouldn't pay extra like that even if it's an OK filet, just to eat it in a banquet atmosphere like the MDR.

We have ordered it many times on various ships (with and without chops) and have always been happy. Certainly not "hot off the grill" as you sometimes get it in Chops but definately better than anything else on the menu many nights. My wife and I share it so the cost is minimal and it is still plenty of food. Usually the waiter will serve it with 2 plates of sides when we tell him/her we are sharing. You have to ask for the cabernet reduction or whatever sauce you prefer because they have it but must heat it to be ready with your steak.

Well, i obviously expected more than what I got. I actually think the MDR food is very good - way beyond any banquet I have attended! Lesson learned.