Celebrity Silhouette - which FLL pier?

acctgtogo

Where would I find which pier the Celebrity Silhouette docks at in FLL? I've read so much about the difficulties of disembarking at piers 24 and 25, but I don't know which pier the Silhouette uses. Our cruise is scheduled over New Year's - returning Sunday January 5th.

Port Everglade now only posts exact schedules 7 days out.

Terminal 25 is likely for embarkation on the 29th. Not sure if having 2 Holland America ships could effect this.

Your disembarkation is tough to predict as the Century is in as well and then there are 3 Holland America ships disembarking and I guess the Carnival Freedom will be at Terminal 19.

That will be a busy morning with Allure and 7 other ships in port.

Thanks for all of the help. Last year she was at Pier 25. I was hoping for a different pier this year. I saw that there were 7 ships listed for the day we leave and the day we return - so it will be very busy. We have plenty of time to catch our flight out of FLL, but standing in line after line for hours to get luggage, thru immigration and catch a taxi is not my idea of a good time. I was considering early disembarkation. We've done that before with no problems. But if we're at the airport at 8 - 9 AM, we will have hours to wait. But I imagine that being at the airport is better than standing in line. But I think there are limits as to how early you can check in before your flight leaves (we don't leave until 2PM) so arriving too early may not work. We may have to find a place to hang out if we leave the ship too early.

Thanks for all of the help. Last year she was at Pier 25. I was hoping for a different pier this year. I saw that there were 7 ships listed for the day we leave and the day we return - so it will be very busy. We have plenty of time to catch our flight out of FLL, but standing in line after line for hours to get luggage, thru immigration and catch a taxi is not my idea of a good time. I was considering early disembarkation. We've done that before with no problems. But if we're at the airport at 8 - 9 AM, we will have hours to wait. But I imagine that being at the airport is better than standing in line. But I think there are limits as to how early you can check in before your flight leaves (we don't leave until 2PM) so arriving too early may not work. We may have to find a place to hang out if we leave the ship too early.

One year I found myself at FLL, very early for my flight. I had used Luggage Direct, so had no luggage to check. I decided to buy a day pass for the airline's club(i.e. Delta's Sky Club) and waited for my flight in comfort, enjoying a second light breakfast, a couple of Bloody Marys, and enough other snacks that I did not need to buy lunch. I would recommend that you might want to consider doing this.

Archived