Advance tickets for Familia Sagrada

hallmark

:confused:We have tried and tried to order tickets on line for Familia Sagrada and after putting in all info get a message saying "enter a first surname". We have tried putting in our names many different ways. What are we doing wrong? Anyone else having this issue? Hope someone out there has some advice. Thanks

:confused:We have tried and tried to order tickets on line for Familia Sagrada and after putting in all info get a message saying "enter a first surname". We have tried putting in our names many different ways. What are we doing wrong? Anyone else having this issue? Hope someone out there has some advice. Thanks

Enter your last name as the first surname. Leave the second surname blank. Since you come from an English-speaking country, you do not have a second surname.

In Spanish-speaking countries, the first surname is your father's family name. For example, you might be Mark Hall. The second surname is your mother's family name. For example, if your mother's name is Smith, you would be Mark Hall y Smith or just Mark Hall Smith. That leads to confusion in the US where people would try to call you Mark Smith, but in Spanish countries it is perfectly clear that your family name is Hall - the first surname. And note that I don't say you mother's "maiden" name because in Spain a woman never assumes her husband's surname. She would still be Mary Smith or Mary Smith de Hall (married to Hall).

In other words, in Spain, the family name is not the "last" name, it is the first surname. The second surname or mother's family name is used formally and in legal documents, but informally you may use only your given name and family name - for example, Mark Hall.

I'm having problems, too! It asks for Name, Middle Name, Last Name. And keeps bouncing me out so obviously I'm doing something wrong.

If my name were Jane Smith, where would I enter the info?

TIA!

The English page for paying for tickets is confusing as it is not very well translated. You need to enter it as

Name = Jane

Middle name = Smith

Last name - leave blank (unless you are Spanish)

On the Spanish version it asks for

Nombre (first/christian/given name)

Primer apellido (first or only surname)

Segundo apellido (second surname - an extra name which Spanish people have)

The English page for paying for tickets is confusing as it is not very well translated. You need to enter it as

Name = Jane

Middle name = Smith

Last name - leave blank (unless you are Spanish)

On the Spanish version it asks for

Nombre (first/christian/given name)

Primer apellido (first or only surname)

Segundo apellido (second surname - an extra name which Spanish people have)

Thank you so much! I'll try again now.

I'm so frustrated. Tried all day to purchase tickets to Sagrada Familia. Thanks to the help here, I entered my name properly...but still nothing. Could it be that the tickets with a guide are sold out for 10/3 and 10/4? And, that's why my order won't go through?

I'm so frustrated. Tried all day to purchase tickets to Sagrada Familia. Thanks to the help here, I entered my name properly...but still nothing. Could it be that the tickets with a guide are sold out for 10/3 and 10/4? And, that's why my order won't go through?

innlady - just saw your post. Are you trying to become a "friend" or to buy day tickets to the Sagrada Familia?

If you want to become a "friend," (best option IMO since you don't have to pick a time and it is good for one year), click here:

http://www.sagradafamilia.cat/sf-eng/docs_serveis/amicsAmic.php

Click on "Online Registration"

Then, click on "English" again, if it is in Catalan, then,

Fill out the fields with the asterix. The fields are:

Basic information to register as a friend.

(*) Surname/First name: Smith Jane

Address: 22 main St

Postcode / City: 12345 Anytown

(*) Telephone: xxx-xxx-xxxx o Mobile phone:

(*) País : Estats Units [this means "USA" in the drop-down menu]

(*) Dni/Nif/Pass : Your passport #

(*) Birth date (dd/mm/yyyy): day/month/year

(*) Email address:

(*) Fee type: INDIVIDUAL FRIEND (36,00 Eur. / annual) [All other options require proof from Europe]

And remember all the info about surnames and dates.

I just saw that you said tickets w/ audio guide, so you must be going through ticketmaster. If so, don't check any special offers, just click "continue." Then enter your last name as the middle name and leave the last name blank. Be mindful of the date format as Dragon said: day/month/year.

innlady - just saw your post. Are you trying to become a "friend" or to buy day tickets to the Sagrada Familia?

If you want to become a "friend," (best option IMO since you don't have to pick a time and it is good for one year), click here:

http://www.sagradafamilia.cat/sf-eng/docs_serveis/amicsAmic.php

Click on "Online Registration"

Then, click on "English" again, if it is in Catalan, then,

Fill out the fields with the asterix. The fields are:

Basic information to register as a friend.

(*) Surname/First name: Smith Jane

Address: 22 main St

Postcode / City: 12345 Anytown

(*) Telephone: xxx-xxx-xxxx o Mobile phone:

(*) País : Estats Units [this means "USA" in the drop-down menu]

(*) Dni/Nif/Pass : Your passport #

(*) Birth date (dd/mm/yyyy): day/month/year

(*) Email address:

(*) Fee type: INDIVIDUAL FRIEND (36,00 Eur. / annual) [All other options require proof from Europe]

And remember all the info about surnames and dates.

I should have added this info:

(*) Fee type: INDIVIDUAL FRIEND (36,00 Eur. / annual)

or FAMILY MEMBER FRIEND (38,00 Eur. /annual)

[All other options require proof from Europe]

FAMILY MEMBER FRIEND means Family Membership and it includes a couple and up to two children under 18.

I should have added this info:

(*) Fee type: INDIVIDUAL FRIEND (36,00 Eur. / annual)

or FAMILY MEMBER FRIEND (38,00 Eur. /annual)

[All other options require proof from Europe]

FAMILY MEMBER FRIEND means Family Membership and it includes a couple and up to two children under 18.

As I said in another post to get the 'Family' friend membership you need to be a resident of Spain. Most people enquiring here do not live in Spain so do not qualify for this.

As I said in another post to get the 'Family' friend membership you need to be a resident of Spain. Most people enquiring here do not live in Spain so do not qualify for this.

We reside in the US (citizens and residents of the US) and we bought the family membership in June and used it this September. So did the friends who were traveling with us. The cards and all information were sent to our US address. When we went to the friends' line we just had to show photo ID (our US driver's licenses) along with the membership cards to get in.

I just checked the website to be sure - it is available in the English form and I could find no reference to a residency requirement for family membership. Maybe it will change some day, but it is available now.

However, I am fairly certain that you need to be a EU resident to get the jubilats (pensioner) rate. It would be good to verify this.

We reside in the US (citizens and residents of the US) and we bought the family membership in June and used it this September. So did the friends who were traveling with us. The cards and all information were sent to our US address. When we went to the friends' line we just had to show photo ID (our US driver's licenses) along with the membership cards to get in.

I just checked the website to be sure - it is available in the English form and I could find no reference to a residency requirement for family membership. Maybe it will change some day, but it is available now.

However, I am fairly certain that you need to be a EU resident to get the jubilats (pensioner) rate. It would be good to verify this.

I think they just tightened the rules on the "friends" discount--lucky you got to take advantage of it. It was a loophole that obviously lots of tourists were using.

I would also like to know about the "jubilat" rate--can't imagine that tourists would qualify, but worth asking.

I think they just tightened the rules on the "friends" discount--lucky you got to take advantage of it. It was a loophole that obviously lots of tourists were using.

I would also like to know about the "jubilat" rate--can't imagine that tourists would qualify, but worth asking.

I just posted this in the other thread:

Dragon, Rollie, Wendy, et al,

right you are! Someone at SF is reading this board! Earlier today I tried a fake application (up to before entering credit card info) and it allowed the family membership option. I just tried it again after seeing your posts and it said "This option is no longer available." By the way, I tried it in all three languages and no dice...

So sorry folks, disregard my previous info. All other registration info about names I posted is still good.

And thanks for correcting the data.

The general admission "jubilat" rate is 12.80 euros (full is 14.80). Tourists qualify. :) I purchased 5 tickets, 2 of which were jubilat. No problem.

I finally succeeded in buying my tickets but have to pick them up at a La Caixa site??? Anyone know where there is on near Hotel Colon (Cathedral area) :confused:

Did you buy the tickets using your home computer and do you have a printer attached to that computer? If so, your life would have been considerably easier if you had chosen the "print ticket" option. If there is a way to access your transaction -- not start a new ticket purchase -- perhaps you would be able to change to the "print ticket" alternative and be done with the problem.

I've tried to do a search on Caixa sites, but I can only find Spanish or Catalan language options. Unless you get a better answer from this board, I recommend you email the concierge at your hotel. Surely they will know the nearby La Caixa sites.

Of course, once you arrive at the bank, you'll face a whole new set of challenges. The internet is filled with cries for help in the internet because the terminals are only in Spanish or Catalan.

Bottom line: Try to switch your pick-up option to print at home.

I finally succeeded in buying my tickets but have to pick them up at a La Caixa site??? Anyone know where there is on near Hotel Colon (Cathedral area) :confused:

La Caixa is the name of a very large savings bank. (Literally, la caixa means box, chest, savings box or safe box.) There is also a foundation called La Caixa. If it is the bank, there are branches all over Barcelona. I advise you to email the Sagrada Familia and ask them what they mean.

I just posted this in the other thread:

Dragon, Rollie, Wendy, et al,

right you are! Someone at SF is reading this board! Earlier today I tried a fake application (up to before entering credit card info) and it allowed the family membership option. I just tried it again after seeing your posts and it said "This option is no longer available." By the way, I tried it in all three languages and no dice...

So sorry folks, disregard my previous info. All other registration info about names I posted is still good.

And thanks for correcting the data.

The 'friends' rules changed on July 22nd this year. Since that date only residents of Spain can get the family ticket. In addition the 'take 2 friends free' is now only available from the second year of membership.

It has nothing to do with Sagrada Familia reading these threads. It is because people were using it as a cheap way of getting 4 people (plus children) in for €38.

When they realised what was happening they changed the rules.

We just received our Friends pass a couple of weeks ago. But, we did individual and the pensioner rate. Since this was mailed to us SF would have known we live in the US. I realize it was a little more money than regular tickets, our time is money. We plan to maximize our time in Barcelona.

Pearl

We just received our Friends pass a couple of weeks ago. But, we did individual and the pensioner rate. Since this was mailed to us SF would have known we live in the US. I realize it was a little more money than regular tickets, our time is money. We plan to maximize our time in Barcelona.

Pearl

I see that the family membership says residents only. The individual does not. Since neither of us are over 65 [ pensioners] that would be 60 euros. That is getting pretty pricey for 2 individual memberships.

I agree that time is worth a little more money.

PS--I just did the conversion. It is more than $81 USD.

Archived