MIA to Fort Lauderdale hotel transfer package

NIKII135

Hi we are cruising in March on the Allure on a back to back.

We, being 4 adults & 1 child, will fly into Miami airport in the early evening & I am looking at booking a hotel & transfer package.

Does anyone know of a Port Everglades/Fort Lauderdale hotel that offers a pick up service from Miami airport in their room rates, and will also transfer us to the port the next day?

If there are no hotels offering such a package, can anyone suggest a reasonably priced hotel and also a reliable transfer company?

We will be in Fort Lauderdale for a short time but if we can have hotel with a view/walk on the beach that would be fantastic - but if these are far too expensive its not a deal breaker.

We will not wish to drive ourselves, as we are from the UK & never been to the US before & I don't think an evening arrival & learning new roads etc will add any joy to our holiday.

We also don't want to have to walk miles to get to a train station, as 2 of the adults will be over 70.

For our transfer back to Miami airport on departure day - would you suggest doing the RCI transfer back with a trip involved? We have an early evening flight - 6pm ish. Or is there a more suitable/cheaper company you may suggest?

Many thanks for anyone who can offer any inspiration.

:D

Now that you are on the Florida Departures board, you will see many threads on shuttle services. Have not seen nor heard of any hotel that packages shuttle and hotel out of Miami, as it is a 40+ minute drive.

So, some reading will get you the names of several possible venders.

March is the most expensive time of year to visit south Florida. Some decent beach area hotels that tend to have lowest prices:

Best Western Oceanside

Bahia Mar

Alhambra

Courtyard Marriott

If the RC transfers cost less than $80 for both of you (expected minimum taxi fare) then that is a better deal. You might even be able to find an excursion that ends with drop off at MIA.

From MIA to the FLL area is a 45-60 minute drive - I know of no FLL area hotel that will offer "free" transportation from MIA.

If you have lots of time a ride on the Tri-Rail (under $5 per person) and a cab or shuttle will be your cheapest option; one way car rentals (MIA to FLL) will likely be your easiest option and allow you some flex on where to dine/shop. Larry's Limos has been suggested often on these boards for Miami service and might be a good option for your larger group.

Good luck! :)

There are a number of us on our Nov sailing useing http://www.gomjstrans.com/ to and from at a very good pp price.

Hotels are almost as subjective as food on a cruise! :D

We stayed at the Marrriott Springhill property last Nov, very nice, with a $10 pp shuttle to the ship.

My wife shook my memory, we stayed at the Fairfield, http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/fllad-fairfield-inn-and-suites-fort-lauderdale-airport-and-cruise-port/

As we will have been in the air almost 10 hours & arriving at Miami at 18.00+ hours local time (but 23.00+ in our heads :( ) would you suggest staying in a Miami hotel & transfering to the port the next day - or getting an immediate transfer to a Fort Lauderdale hotel & then transfering to port from there?

As we will have been in the air almost 10 hours & arriving at Miami at 18.00+ hours local time (but 23.00+ in our heads :( ) would you suggest staying in a Miami hotel & transfering to the port the next day - or getting an immediate transfer to a Fort Lauderdale hotel & then transfering to port from there?

Not a bad idea.

Arriving at 6:00 pm will not leave much time for a beach visit by the time you clear baggage, 35-45 minutes, no matter which you choose.

Miami, you could be at your hotel within another 30 minutes, ck in, to the room, another 30 minutes, relax for a few minutes, and it is now close to 8:00 pm, 25:00+ in your heads!:eek: Going to Ft Lauderdale will add another 30-40 minutes to this depending on where you locate a hotel. Kind of a toss up, guess it depends on where you find to stay the night.

If you choose to stay near MIA (great idea IMHO) check out hotels in the Blue Lagoon area near MIA, all with free airport shuttle service; Homewood Suites is our favorite, but there are several others (Hilton, Sofitel, Hampton Inn, etc.). Nice area with a local shopping center (grocery, drug & liquor :D stores) within a 5 min walk if you want to pick up last cruise supplies before heading to the port.

If you choose to stay near MIA (great idea IMHO) check out hotels in the Blue Lagoon area near MIA, all with free airport shuttle service; Homewood Suites is our favorite, but there are several others (Hilton, Sofitel, Hampton Inn, etc.). Nice area with a local shopping center (grocery, drug & liquor :D stores) within a 5 min walk if you want to pick up last cruise supplies before heading to the port.

I had looked at Homewood Suites & thought we could get a 2 bed suite for all of us, which would work out cheaper than 2 separate rooms.

I know this might sound silly, but how do you get the free hotel shuttle, once we land & go through customs & collect our bags etc etc, what then? Is there a number we call to get Homewood ????

I had looked at Homewood Suites & thought we could get a 2 bed suite for all of us, which would work out cheaper than 2 separate rooms.

I know this might sound silly, but how do you get the free hotel shuttle, once we land & go through customs & collect our bags etc etc, what then? Is there a number we call to get Homewood ????

Most have a courtesy phone by baggage, then a pick up area just out the door where you meet them.

Thankyou.

Also which homewood suites should we use - they have listed

airport/blue lagoon

airport west

Or is it fine for either? depending on best price for room?

We've stayed at the Blue Lagoon location - very nice with a nearby shopping center (5 minute walk) and free airport shuttle. I cannot comment on the other one. Good luck! :)

Archived