Need more advice ASAP please.....

gamecockinnc

Ok, I have delayed buying the travel insurance (have a good reason) but I must get it done ASAP we sail October 12th.

I have read everything I can and have about 7 plans to choose from on InsureMyTrip.com but am still at a loss.

For example most policies state 12 hour delay for luggage. One policy has a 6 hours delay. Medical goes from $15,000-$50,000.

Trip Interuption is anywhere from $1400-$2000.

All have ER evacuation from $100,000-$500,000

None of these policies have the cancel for any reason option.

I am trying to figure out if our airfare which we purchased separately is covered.

And of course pre existing isn't available because we booked so close to sailing and also didn't buy insurance within the allotted time frame.

They range in cost from $112-$130 and all cost more than Carnivals plan of $95 per person.

Last year was the second time I had to use insurance but I filed through our primary (Tricare) and they paid. I had to go to the ships doctor 2 times for antibiotics. My insurance paid us back the $150 charge. So I didn't even file a claim with our insurance through Carnival.

Our only other experience having to file a claim was a nightmare. We were on the Caribbean Princess and stuck in the Gulf circling for days as a hurricane pounded FLL. We filed claims for cost, delays and airline delays and never saw a penny.

I guess I just am paranoid and believe in having insurance. I suffered an aneurysm 11 years ago while 8 months pregnant and know life can change on a dime. I am now but you never forget something like that.

We got an amazing deal on our 8 night cruise on the CCL Breeze with military and past cruiser savings.

Our airfare is around $900 and cruise around $2000 and then hotel in MIA around $150 (plus tax). But it isn't just these cost I worry about it is the unknown that could occur. The need for ER evacuation, flight delays, lost luggage etc.

Plus I can't find where it should say mechanical failures are covered in any of these polices or if they are primary not secondary to our own insurance.

Any thoughts or help would greatly appreciated!

TA

Contact the representatives at

www.TripInsuranceStore.com

[Note: We have NO affiliation with them, or any other insurer or broker.]

This is too important to leave to the understanding of the readers of a public forum (and their ability to communicate), etc.

There is no extra charge for the services. You'll pay the same for the same coverage as if you purchase it online.

But they'll have much better answers for you, and can advise which coverage/policy is best for the situation you are now in.

You might also ask them about MedJetAssist. This is lower cost, but for extraordinary situations where you might need to be evacuated from a foreign hospital to any hospital of your choice.

(Note that this does NOT cover the medical costs, just "getting you back" so you'll have the care you'd prefer.)

But pre-existing conditions might not be covered at this point. It depends upon when you actually made the reservations/purchased the tickets...

Good luck, and hope you enjoy your trip!

GeezerCouple

You don't need to go to another site. The folks at insuremytrip can help you as well.

Call them and explain what coverage is important to you, and they will help you select. Personally, I would pay more attention to the medical coverage than the baggage.

Your airfare would be covered if you included it in the value in the input area for your trip details.

I found Travel Safe classic plan on InsureMyTrip.com, Trip insurance store.com and Squaremouth.com.

I think, I hope it is the best choice.

It also offers medical coverage as primary which I believe is a good thing. It is $136 per person.

Now if the primary medical insurance isn't worth it we can save a little money but not a lot.

Buying insurance is one thing....but obsessing about insurance is an entirely different story. As the others suggested, you can call the insuremytrip.com folks. But by delaying in purchasing trip insurance you have already limited your options. Most of the "cancel for any reason" policies (which are often not as good as they sound) and medical policies require that you purchase the insurance very shortly after booking (usually within 2 or 3 days) in order to be covered for pre-existing conditions.

Hank

I found Travel Safe classic plan on InsureMyTrip.com, Trip insurance store.com and Squaremouth.com.

I think, I hope it is the best choice.

It also offers medical coverage as primary which I believe is a good thing. It is $136 per person.

Now if the primary medical insurance isn't worth it we can save a little money but not a lot.

Why not call one of the agencies you mentioned and let them help you get the coverage that is best for you and your situations. No need to guess or hope when help is available.

We purchase our insurance thru one of the agencies you mentioned, tripinsurncestore.com and we always speak to one of the reps and go over our situation/needs with them and they work with us to get the coverage we need.

Good luck:)

Archived