Do you swim in the ship's pool????

kscruiseaholic

I find it interesting that the urine in the pool keeps so many away. This leads me to believe that 1) most who fear the urine have themselves urinated in the pool at sometime - it's just the way the brain works. 2) my thoughts look at the data and risks for any decision. Is there is risk or is it the "ooohhhh" factor. We overcome many ooohhhh's in our life. Car accidents, public toilets, eating out , opening doors,etc.

Not here to bash the pool/hot tub avoiders. Just here to say I haven't seen the evidence of it being a health hazard that should keep me away. Once you work with patients who experience phobia reactions we realize who fears are often based on over generalization of a situation.

Just my two cents. Happy Cruising.

On the Allure we were at the beach pool for probably 3 hours on a sea day.

I got very nervous when at one side of the pool was a group of 10 friends using their unlimited drink card getting beer after beer and never leaving the pool to lose their spot at the rim the whole time we were there. They must have had strong bladders or :eek:.

So then we walked to the solarium and it was standing room only in the pool.

So we eventually did go in the beach pool, but did not stay long and showered when we left.

No illnesses to be reported from us:cool:

Sea Ya

On the Allure we were at the beach pool for probably 3 hours on a sea day.

I got very nervous when at one side of the pool was a group of 10 friends using their unlimited drink card getting beer after beer and never leaving the pool to lose their spot at the rim the whole time we were there. They must have had strong bladders or :eek:.

So then we walked to the solarium and it was standing room only in the pool.

So we eventually did go in the beach pool, but did not stay long and showered when we left.

No illnesses to be reported from us:cool:

Sea Ya

Ships should have signs that say: We don't swim in your toilet so don't pee in our pool. I know, old news

I prefer ships with covered pools for use in all weather conditions.

Morning exercises: shower,sauna,steam, Swim, repeat as needed, then off to Breakfast.

The swim cycle is great after a day of touring.:)

If I am going to swim laps or under water goggles are used.

I do remember my grandson's reply to: "do you need to take a bathroom break? Not anymore":(:eek:

There are no absolutes when swimming in the ocean or sea. You need to pay attention to where you are.

Anyone up for swimming at the beach in Roatan with raw sewage being pumped untreated into the water on the West End? How about at the beach at Galveston, which receives water directly from the chemically toxic Houston Ship Channel? Or after a heavy rain in the areas of Southwest Florida that still have septic tanks whose contents make their way to the Gulf after heavy rains causing E coli alerts? Or in the raw sewage filled Acapulco bay?

It all depends on where you are.

Of course. I guess I kind of thought that was a given. Then again, considering the pool topic here, perhaps it's not.

beachchick

Archived