Do they purposely not show rooms as available?

JosieCat-MN

I'm just curious. I am cruising in 2 weeks and originally booked an inside suite. The balconies were sold out when I booked. But I put myself on the waiting list and faithfully checked every day (actually, several times a day). Finally, several weeks after final payment date - I gave up and changed to a JS.

A few weeks after that I noticed that the suites were all sold out. A few days after that I checked again, and now there were balconies available.

Do they do that on purpose, and by that I mean, not show balconies as available in the hopes people will book the more expensive suites to be able to get a balcony.

Not a big deal, as the JS's, at least on this cruise, aren't much more expensive then the balconies are going for, but I was just wondering if it was deliberate or just a coincidence.

It sounds like the balconies were sold out and the suites weren't. Then some people with balconies were upgraded to suites, which freed up the balconies.

Good information - thanks. Maybe some day I'll be at a level where I'll get one of those :)

2 weeks from today - yeah!

Sometimes they show cabins as unavailable prompting you to call and inquire about a specific cabin. Also, as cruises enter the final payment period there are many cancellations and you will find cabins in all categories popping up again.

This was well after final payment date. I was told by everyone here to keep a close eye on or immediately after final payment date - and that's what I did. But these balconies didn't open up until all of the suites were sold out, which was a while after I booked my suite.

This was well after final payment date. I was told by everyone here to keep a close eye on or immediately after final payment date - and that's what I did. But these balconies didn't open up until all of the suites were sold out, which was a while after I booked my suite.

This sounds like balcony people upgraded (either paid to upgrade, or received a complementary one) to suites, making their balcony cabin now available.

JosieCat-MN,

You said you originally booked an "inside suite?"

I'm curious as to which cruise line offers "inside suites." I've never heard of a suite being inside. Sounds interesting.

Thanks

Sorry, I meant inside cabin. I guess I've got suites on the brain :)

If you have a specific cabin you want there is a spot to see if that cabin is available on the website. I have found and booked some sweet corner afts by entering a cabin number when it didn't show up on the website. Also, as some have said you can call Royal and check on a specific cabin.

There are definitely cabins available that don't pop up on the website. As to why Royal Caribbean does this I would only answer "who knows why Royal Caribbean does the things it does?"

If you have a specific cabin you want there is a spot to see if that cabin is available on the website. I have found and booked some sweet corner afts by entering a cabin number when it didn't show up on the website. Also, as some have said you can call Royal and check on a specific cabin.

There are definitely cabins available that don't pop up on the website. As to why Royal Caribbean does this I would only answer "who knows why Royal Caribbean does the things it does?"

The website only shows 15 available cabins. Many of the TAs websites do this as well but there is one (blinking lights) that shows more.

As you said if you know the cabin numbers you are interested in then search that way and many times you can get a more desirable cabin.

Archived