Venice Airport and meeting friends

ptcellen

We are leaving from JFK, flying into Venice airport on the 8th. Our friends are flying into Venice from Toronto. Where would the best place be to meet up with them? They land 1 hr. before us. International baggage, before or after customs?

Any suggestions would be welcome.

Thank you in advance.

Ellen:)

I've been through the Venice airport a number of times and there really is no place to sit and wait. If I recall there are no restaurants or services after you've picked up your bags. Assuming the weather is nice I'd probably grab a bench outside the luggage area and wait.

I even did a virtual tour of the airport http://www.veniceairport.it/core/index.jsp?m=01 and didn't see anything. Good thing it's only an hour :p

How about at your hotel, or the ship, depending on where you're going.

That would be my choice. After a long night on a plane the last thing I'd want to do is sit around for an hour waiting to meet someone. I'd much rather meet them at the Cafe al Bacio on board, or at a nice cafe by a hotel.

Thanks for your responses. We were hoping to meet up, and the 3 couples share a taxi to the ship. Not sure if they will even make their hour connection in Frankfort, in which case, if we don't find them at the airport, then we will just take a taxi ourselves and meet them on the ship.

first you may never find your party.

All the planes arrive at different times.

A taxi with several couples want work in the small cars.

My suggestion is take the airport bus to the plaza right close to the ship.

If my memory is right about 6 euro one way.

Meet everyone on the ship.

Anyone who has a connecting flight in Europe on the way to Venice will NOT have any customs or passport control in Venice. After connecting in Madrid, we just walked off the plane in Venice and collected our luggage. And, yes, I don't remember any cafes or lounges or places to sit, except a few benches outside where you wait for the airport bus.

wait right outside of customs, of course there ain't much there but simple enough. A larger group can make for a nice cheap ride by watertaxi to the boat, while pricey a once in a life experience and well worth sitting around for an hour

Thank you for all your great suggestions. I will discuss with them and then decide. Since they only have an hour connection time and will have to go through customs in Frankfort, I highly doubt that they will make the connection, so will probably just meet on the ship.

Ellen

Thank you Pudderdude,

There is another couple from our boards that will be on our flight with us. They are taking the bus and then the people mover to the ship. We will probably do that as well as our friends don't want a taxi, but will do likewise. We will all meet at the bus departure site.

Ellen

Archived