Hop on Hop Off Tour - Miami

Always an Alias

This is the first time I will be flying out of FLL, and of course on a Sunday we couldn't get anything earlier than a 7:15pm flight out. Has anyone done the Hop on Hop off Tour through Carnival (includes an FLL transfer)? I have done the sight seeing Miami, with a MIA Transfer - and quite enjoyed it and it doesn't hurt that they keep your luggage for you! Just wondering if anyone had any opinions! Cause we'll have a ton of time to kill!

Hi there.

I don't have any experience with Carnival per se, but I was in a similar situation in FLL after our Emerald Princess cruise in 2008. We were off the ship by 9 am but weren't flying until 5:30 pm.

We booked a sight-seeing tour through Princess and thoroughly enjoyed it. It was part motorcoach and part boat tour (we even got to cruise past the Emerald in dock!) and our luggage was held for us on the coach.

I've never had experience with the hop on/off tour you're looking at but I'm sure this will be a nicer end to your trip than waiting it out at the airport.

Hope someone with direct experience can provide you with more info!

Happy cruising.

Jill

This is the first time I will be flying out of FLL, and of course on a Sunday we couldn't get anything earlier than a 7:15pm flight out. Has anyone done the Hop on Hop off Tour through Carnival (includes an FLL transfer)? I have done the sight seeing Miami, with a MIA Transfer - and quite enjoyed it and it doesn't hurt that they keep your luggage for you! Just wondering if anyone had any opinions! Cause we'll have a ton of time to kill!

I'm on the Breeze right now. We are in the same situation and booked the same tour.

Will let you know in 1 week.

I hope you're enjoying your cruise!!!

Please do let me know if you have an opportunity!

Sitting at FLL Airport after the Breeze cruise and using the Carnival Hop On Hop Off Excursion.

The actual name of the vendor is Big Bus Tours. They recently changed their paint scheme from the red bus to a brown bus.

When you clear customs, walk out the door, turn right and go all the way to the end where the bus tours are. There was a lady at the end of the curb who directed us the the correct place.

A bus takes you to the back of Bayside and drops you off back by where the Hard Rock is.

Even though the Carnival excursion may say the Hop On Hop Off City Tour,,,,, you can take the city tour or the south beach tour or if you have time and the desire,,, you can do both.

Then you return to Bayside, grab your luggage and off to the airport you go.

Would I do it again?

No

Kinda convvenient for getting to airport, then again a PIA.

The Hop On Hop Off portion.

There might be 10 people, there might be 50 people. You don't know if your going to get a seat or not.

The van they provided for transport to the airport didn't have enough room for everyone's luggage.

Overall, just too hot, too crowded, too unorganized. No AC.

If I HAD to do it again, I'd just do a normal 1 stop excursion where the bus stays with you at all times, then at the end, the bus stops at 1 airport. Like the aquarium with airport drop off or something like that.

All 4 couples I was with agree that we won't do this again.

Thank you for coming back and letting us know, I think we will definitely go with the South Beach Experience now, since this is a straight tour, then time to roam South Beach on our own before drop off at FLL for our 4 pm flight.

Thanks again!

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk 2

I think we will definitely go with the South Beach Experience now, since this is a straight tour, then time to roam South Beach on our own before drop off at FLL for our 4 pm flight.

Thanks again!

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk 2

I think you'll be happier with that decision.

Basically all we did was go to South Beach.

Everything before and after (regarding hopping on hopping off, trying to find seats, the disorganization of luggage and such and transportation to the airport) was all a cluster you know what.

Archived