Flight time back home from orlando

Dave4120

Hello...We will be cruising out of Port Canaveral next Spring on the Freedom. We were wondering if a Jet Blue flight leaving Orlando at 11:10-AM is cutting it too close, or, should be take the 3:20-PM flight.

I know on previous cruises out of other ports, we have been able to book flights at 11-AM, but, that might have been because the airports were much closer to the port.

Any help or experience with booking a flight around 11-AM would be very helpful.

Dave

Your flight time is tight, but you can make it if there are no delays, you use self-disembarkation, and you have a non-cruiseline shuttle lined up for the airport trip.

You should be able to get out of the terminal by 8:15am or so, and if you don't have to wait long for your shuttle to fill, you should be able to make it to MCO by 9:30am. When you make your shuttle reservation, make sure they know your flight time.

I agree. I would go for the earlier flight. Make sure Guest Services knows that you have an early flight, they'll give you an early departure group. Also be sure to have a reliable ground transportation arrangement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk, please excuse all the typos.

Thanks for the help and advice. One other question, and maybe this question shouldn't be on this thread.

We have always booked our own air, but on this cruise, we booked the cruise over the phone through RCCL, and, they have suggested we use their choice air. Our Jet Blue flight dates became available today and if I book direct on-line through Jet Blue, the air is almost $40 per person less, than Choice Air through RCCL for the exact same flights.

Any advice? Should I continue to book our own air and save the $80? We are arriving a day prior to the cruise as we normally do, so, I'm not sure what the advantage is of paying RCCL the additional money, unless they match the price. I thought I read that they guarantee the lowest price....or, am I incorrect on that?

Maybe the only advantage of booking the air through RCCL would be if the ship return back to port late, and we miss our flights??

Thanks

Please read the sticky and the numerous posts on airfare arranged through the cruiseline. You usually give up a lot of protection for a cheap ticket. In your case since Choice Air is more expensive it's a no-brainer...book thru JetBlue before the fare disappears!

Let me begin by saying I would not go with the 11:10 AM flight. Now, if you don't mind stress then go for it but I think it is too tight and I would not do it. Just my opinion. You have to do what you want. By the way, I would have asked this question on the Florida Departures board where it comes up probably daily or several days a week.

As to the cruise air as mentioned read the sticky.

Personally, in most places and on most cruise lines I prefer booking air myself so that I can control it all including airline, flights, etc and if there are changes I can deal with the airline myself.

Again, I don't like stress so I wouldn't do the 11:10 AM flight. Of course I like to arrive to the airport 2 to to 2 and 1/2 hours before my flight if not earlier and I know that things can go wrong on ship arrivals so I go with a later flight.

But do get input on the Florida Departures Board and if the ship you are taking regularly sails Cape Canaveral get input on the RCI Board too.

Keith

Archived