Payment

Gizmobabe

Hi,

I am new to cruising, booked on the jewel for November next year. I would like to be able to pay it in chunks, however there is nowhere on the website that lets you do that. I was wondering if I am able to call NCL and pay off a chunk every so often rather than in full nearer the time?

Hi,

I am new to cruising, booked on the jewel for November next year. I would like to be able to pay it in chunks, however there is nowhere on the website that lets you do that. I was wondering if I am able to call NCL and pay off a chunk every so often rather than in full nearer the time?

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you have signed into your NCL account on the website you should be able to go to your account and apply payments as you go, but you may also call Customer Service and have payments applied. Just be aware that if you use the website it may have a default payment as your total payment due and if you don't change it you could inadvertently pay off your curise.

Actually, NCL plays a neat game of "hide and seek" when it comes down to making payments on line. So, just for you(assuming you booked through NCL), step by step:

click "get ready for cruise"

pick "on-line check-in" from drop down list

click "view reservation"

Click "vacation summary"

scroll down to "payment"

I'm not implying anything by giving these instructions. I just think that NCL has someone with a rather warped sense of humor designing parts of their website, is all!

Actually, NCL plays a neat game of "hide and seek" when it comes down to making payments on line. So, just for you(assuming you booked through NCL), step by step:

click "get ready for cruise"

pick "on-line check-in" from drop down list

click "view reservation"

Click "vacation summary"

scroll down to "payment"

I'm not implying anything by giving these instructions. I just think that NCL has someone with a rather warped sense of humor designing parts of their website, is all!

You seem to be taking the long road.

When I log into My NCL, all of my cruises are listed on the right side of the screen under "My Cruise Vacations".

For those cruises where I still owe money, there is an orange box labeled "MAKE A PAYMENT"

One click on that box allows me to make the payment.

It is really simple.

You seem to be taking the long road.

When I log into My NCL, all of my cruises are listed on the right side of the screen under "My Cruise Vacations".

For those cruises where I still owe money, there is an orange box labeled "MAKE A PAYMENT"

One click on that box allows me to make the payment.

It is really simple.

Interesting. I am not disputing you( I am past final payment for my up-coming cruise). I just never noticed that when we were still owing money for the trip. Hmmmm. It wouldn't surprise me, either!

Here is an example (with personal data removed/masked of course).

When I log into My NCL, this is the screen that comes up:

screen.jpg

You can see the orange "Make A Payment" box for each reservation where there is a balance due (the bottom two). Once the reservation is paid in full, this link disappears.

One key point (as others have pointed out) is that if you booked thru a Travel Agent, this option will not be available...you have to make payments to the Travel Agent.

Here is an example (with personal data removed/masked of course).

When I log into My NCL, this is the screen that comes up:

screen.jpg

You can see the orange "Make A Payment" box for each reservation where there is a balance due (the bottom two). Once the reservation is paid in full, this link disappears.

One key point (as others have pointed out) is that if you booked thru a Travel Agent, this option will not be available...you have to make payments to the Travel Agent.

Just noticed that you are getting on the Dawn when I am getting off. I will try to take care of her for you but, with 2 weeks on a cruise ship away from kids and hubby and life in general, I am not making any promises!

Just noticed that you are getting on the Dawn when I am getting off. I will try to take care of her for you but, with 2 weeks on a cruise ship away from kids and hubby and life in general, I am not making any promises!

LOL...no promises needed! I'm probably not going to see much of the ship anyway. I'll be onboard with two of my grandsons (6 & 3) so I expend to spend the majority of my waking hours firmly planted into a lounge chair next to the T-Rex Pool! :eek:

Does that make me a chair hog?

Archived