Allure Cabin Location

Oakman

Looking to book the Allure for May 2014. We normally try to stay near a stairway for convenience. On the Allure, which is better : book closer to the forward or aft stairwell and why? Many cabins are available and need a little advice from past cruisers. Thanks for the help.

Edited by Oakman

I can tell you I just got off Allure yesterday - we were in cabin 11506 very front outside no balcony. The view is amazing! Huge window. Mind you though - you will walk a little more bit I think it's worth it.ImageUploadedByForums1380553099.997311.jpg.e078d40980d1555021530b94d3a03d63.jpg

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I also just got off the Allure yesterday. My husband and I had Boardwalk Balcony 9693. It was the first Boardwalk Balcony room near the after stairwell and was a great location for us, however I wouldn't recommend the exact room because it neighbored the crew access where they remove the luggage on the last night and was so noisy that we couldn't sleep the last night!

Its pretty straight forward. Aft and forward all have different things to offer, look at the deck plans and decide which things are important to YOU and then book your cabin, can't make up your mind, then book midship

Midship,middecks for us

Edited by setsail

The aft elevators bring you closer to the dining room, Windjammer, Boardwalk, Central Park. sports deck. The forward elevators are closer to the theater and adult solarium. If your concern is walking then figure out which venues you are likely to use the most and plan accordingly.

The fact is there is a lot of walking to do on Oasis and Allure. Some planning can eliminate some of it but a fare amount of walking is to be expected on these two ships.

The aft elevators bring you closer to the dining room, Windjammer, Boardwalk, Central Park. sports deck. The forward elevators are closer to the theater and adult solarium. If your concern is walking then figure out which venues you are likely to use the most and plan accordingly.

The fact is there is a lot of walking to do on Oasis and Allure. Some planning can eliminate some of it but a fare amount of walking is to be expected on these two ships.

Central Park is.......central. At each end are the stairs/elevators.

• 10 months later...
I can tell you I just got off Allure yesterday - we were in cabin 11506 very front outside no balcony. The view is amazing! Huge window. Mind you though - you will walk a little more bit I think it's worth it.[ATTACH]288216[/ATTACH]

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I haven't been on the Allure and just booked East Caribbean for next year in Room 11506. Do you have any more photos of the view from this room or inside the room? The RC sales person said this room was showing an obstructed view, but she didn't think there was any obstruction. She said the room has a very large window, compared to other window rooms, but not sure if it does. Also, how many decks up from the heli-pad is it and is there a lot of walking since the room is forward? Thanks, --Linda, sdlinda@san.rr.com