NEW RCCL Savings Certificates!

Yes, I agree! Whenever I've been patched through to the US when the local office is busy, I've always spoken to someone who is very helpful! Those in the local office seem to know LESS about their product than we passengers do! :(

As expected, I called RCCL yesterday to add a 2nd cabin to my booking and, as it was a public holiday in NSW, my call went through to the US. I was able to apply the relevant saving certificate to both bookings... a saving of $225 on each cabin.

This just goes to show that the operators in the US have more of an idea about their product than the AU operators.

Dashman

As expected, I called RCCL yesterday to add a 2nd cabin to my booking and, as it was a public holiday in NSW, my call went through to the US. I was able to apply the relevant saving certificate to both bookings... a saving of $225 on each cabin.

This just goes to show that the operators in the US have more of an idea about their product than the AU operators.

Dashman

Good news! Great to hear that quite a few of you have been able to take advantage of the Savings Certificates! Lots more pool-side drinks perhaps! :)

Hi there!

The RCI Savings Certifcates issued on 1 July will expire at the end of this month.

If you are an existing RCI Crown & Anchor member you may be able to claim a discount if your cruise is listed below:

2013 - OCT 24 - Voyager

2013 - NOV 10 - Rhapsody

2013 - DEC 12 - Rhapsody

2014 - JAN 12 - Rhapsody

2014 - JAN 23 - Rhapsody

2014 - JAN 27 - Radiance

2014 - FEB 01 - Rhapsody

2014 - FEB 11 - Rhapsody

2014 - MAR 06 - Rhapsody

The savings are from $50 up to $225 per cabin depending on the number of nights and the cabin category booked.

Just call your Travel Agent or RCI Crown & Anchor on 1800.754.500 to have the savings applied to your cruise if it's either listed here above or the ones issued on 1 October as shown here below.

ALL 2014 CRUISES:

JAN 13 - Voyager - 11 nights - Sth Pacific

JAN 19 - Radiance - 8 nights - Qld

JAN 23 - Rhapsody - 9 nights - Sth Pacific

JAN 24 - Voyager - 11 nights - NZ

JAN 27 - Radiance - 7 nights - Tasmania

FEB 1 - Rhapsody - 10 nights - Sth Pacific

FEB 3 - Radiance - 11 nights - Sth Pacific

FEB 4 - Voyager - 9 nights - Tasmania

FEB 11 - Rhapsody - 11 nights - Sth Pacific

FEB 13 - Voyager - 14 nights - New Zealand

FEB 22 - Rhapsody - 12 nights - Sth Pacific

FEB 27 - Voyager - 10 nights - Sth Pacific & Fiji

MAR 6 - Rhapsody - 12 nights - Sth Pacific & Fiji

MAR 9 - Voyager - 18 nights - NZ

MAR 18 - Rhapsody - 10 nights - Sth Pacific

APR 18 - Rhapsody - 16 nights - repositioning from Sydney

OCT 11 - Radiance - 9 nights - Sth Pacific

OCT 20 - Radiance - 16 nights - Top End Syd-Perth

OCT 28 - Rhapsody - 11 nights - Sth Pacific

NOV 5 - Radiance - 17 nights - Fremantle to Sydney

NOV 15 - Rhapsody - 10 nights - Sth Pacific

NOV 25 - Rhapsody - 12 nights - Sth Pacific & Fiji

NOV 25 - Voyager - 13 nights - repositioning from Singapore

NOV 29 - Radiance - 14 nights - NZ

DEC 7 - Rhapsody - 10 nights - Sth Pacific

DEC 9 - Voyager - 11 nights - NZ

DEC 13 - Radiance - 10 nights - Sth Pacific

NOTE: Some cruises are listed in both lists - I guess you CAN'T ask for 2 Savings Certificates to be applied! :)

Gae

Edited by gaechann

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Have only just joined Crown & Anchor - following this great thread I checked for Savings Certificates - can see plenty, but the website says they expire on October 31 and looking at individual certificates they actually say they expire on September 30 :confused:

Whichever - both dates have passed - where/when will there be new certificates with an expiry date that has not yet 'expired'???

Have only just joined Crown & Anchor - following this great thread I checked for Savings Certificates - can see plenty, but the website says they expire on October 31 and looking at individual certificates they actually say they expire on September 30 :confused:

Whichever - both dates have passed - where/when will there be new certificates with an expiry date that has not yet 'expired'???

Hi there!

I called the Crown & Anchor people at Royal Caribbean about these expiry dates on Friday.

There are INCORRECT! :mad: Another example of mistakes on the RCI website - so print off the one that pertains to your cruise, give C&A a call then print the name of the person that you spoke to on your certificate before you give it to your travel agent.

C&A phone number is 1800 754 500 - Option 5.

Let me know how you go!

Gae

Hi there!

I called the Crown & Anchor people at Royal Caribbean about these expiry dates on Friday.

There are INCORRECT! :mad: Another example of mistakes on the RCI website - so print off the one that pertains to your cruise, give C&A a call then print the name of the person that you spoke to on your certificate before you give it to your travel agent.

C&A phone number is 1800 754 500 - Option 5.

Let me know how you go!

Gae

Thanks for your prompt response. Have booked direct through RCI so I suppose they can pass it on 'in-house' so to speak. Not sure though if it will be combinable with the promo I booked through (the one that just finished, I think called Royal Flush which had a nice OBC. It certainly did not seem to allow the member balcony discount, because if I do a dummy booking now that the promo is finished, I suddenly have a nice discount in there which I assume is the member balcony discount (but it's still less than the OBC we got from the promo).

Will try and call C&A tomorrow and check about the savings certificate - for our sailing it shows $225 - that would be very nice ....

Wish me luck!!!

Ursula

Edited by boeckli

Thanks for your prompt response. Have booked direct through RCI so I suppose they can pass it on 'in-house' so to speak. Not sure though if it will be combinable with the promo I booked through (the one that just finished, I think called Royal Flush which had a nice OBC. It certainly did not seem to allow the member balcony discount, because if I do a dummy booking now that the promo is finished, I suddenly have a nice discount in there which I assume is the member balcony discount (but it's still less than the OBC we got from the promo).

Will try and call C&A tomorrow and check about the savings certificate - for our sailing it shows $225 - that would be very nice ....

Wish me luck!!!

Ursula

Ah, if you booked under that then there's no point pursuing it.

Most RCL promotions are not combinable with anything else, and that's true with this as well.

This is from the Royal Flush promotion:

"Is the Royal Flush Sale offer combinable with Crown & Anchor Society Diamond/Platinum pre-cruise balcony discounts or savings certificates?

The Royal Flush Sale offer is not combinable with Crown & Anchor Society savings benefits; our Crown & Anchor guests have the choice of applying the offer which is more beneficial to them. "

Ah, if you booked under that then there's no point pursuing it.

Most RCL promotions are not combinable with anything else, and that's true with this as well.

This is from the Royal Flush promotion:

"Is the Royal Flush Sale offer combinable with Crown & Anchor Society Diamond/Platinum pre-cruise balcony discounts or savings certificates?

The Royal Flush Sale offer is not combinable with Crown & Anchor Society savings benefits; our Crown & Anchor guests have the choice of applying the offer which is more beneficial to them. "

Thanks for that - I thought as much.

Disregarding the Royal Flush promo, can I apply both the balcony discount and the savings certificate?

If so, that would put me in a more favourite position than the Royal Flush OBC alone (I'm not worried about having to pay the full deposit)

Disregarding the Royal Flush promo, can I apply both the balcony discount and the savings certificate?

Sorry, but also part of the non-combinable rules.

The only common combination you can combine is the on-board booking bonus with a certificate or discount.

Can you please advise if RCCL have a Military discount program similar to other Cruise lines?

I know the US-based passengers mention that there is a Military discount available for them so it's best to ask Royal Caribbean here in Australia. Phone 1800 754 500

I know the US-based passengers mention that there is a Military discount available for them so it's best to ask Royal Caribbean here in Australia. Phone 1800 754 500

You can ask, but they don't have separate military pricing here.

It's just a larger market there, so they have a few extra promotional offers there that haven't started here.

Thanks Gae! I've been a Crown and Anchor member for a number of years but I'd not been aware of these Saving Certificates..... I was able to get a $75 reduction on my cruise next February.

I'll now notify the folks on our Roll Call ;)

Thanks for your post - very much appreciated :D

Thanks Gae! I've been a Crown and Anchor member for a number of years but I'd not been aware of these Saving Certificates..... I was able to get a $75 reduction on my cruise next February.

I'll now notify the folks on our Roll Call ;)

Thanks for your post - very much appreciated :D

My pleasure I'm sure! :)

Hi there!

When something works well for loyal passengers, why not change it?

Royal Caribbean announced new changes to their Future Cruise Certificates purchased on-board from 16 March 2013.

Fortunately, the ones we purchased during our cruise on the Rhapsody to Fiji in March STILL has the original wording!

Even the ones I purchased last month on Radiance has the original wording, allowing the ONE Certificate to be used to book up to 3 cabins for family & friends, all with the same benefits:

• $100 each person deposit
  • OBC of up to $200 depending on the length of the cruise

So, when our Travel Agent tried to use one of the ones purchased in March (dated 21 March) the RCI customer service person said that because the T&C's had changed as from the 16 March this year, we could NOT book 3 cabins with the benefits.

Sorry lady, but we have the Certificate issued by the on-board Loyalty Ambassador saying that we can so we insist that you allow this.

OK, lots of to-ing and fro-ing and I'm still to have it confirmed by our Travel Agent that we have been successful. I notice that the cabins we've picked are no longer available so at least we have them on hold.

I'll let you know how we go once I have an answer back.

Gae

Hi there!

Royal Caribbean announced new changes to their Future Cruise Certificates purchased on-board from 16 March 2013.

Fortunately, the ones we purchased during our cruise on the Rhapsody to Fiji in March STILL has the original wording!

Even the ones I purchased last month on Radiance has the original wording, allowing the ONE Certificate to be used to book up to 3 cabins for family & friends, all with the same benefits:

So, when our Travel Agent tried to use one of the ones purchased in March (dated 21 March) the RCI customer service person said that because the T&C's had changed as from the 16 March this year, we could NOT book 3 cabins with the benefits.

Sorry lady, but we have the Certificate issued by the on-board Loyalty Ambassador saying that we can so we insist that you allow this.

OK, lots of to-ing and fro-ing and I'm still to have it confirmed by our Travel Agent that we have been successful. I notice that the cabins we've picked are no longer available so at least we have them on hold.

Gae

Way to go Gae.

Gae, I'll also be waiting to see how you get on. In April we purchased a passages cruise certificate on Celebrity and was asked and paid $100 each (H & W). So when we purchased on Radiance in November we were surprised when we asked for two that we were told we only needed one, i.e. $100 paid. But to complicate things my sister was on our original Radiance booking although in a separate room. So when details were emailed to me while still onboard, there were in fact three sent but all with the same booking ID number, but only myself down as Guest. Luckily we are going on Voyager at the end of January, so will check it out and purchase others if needed. Thanks for the alert. Still loving your photos and reports. My sister also wants to go again on the Top End cruise but that will be three times for us. Thinking about it!

Hi there!

Gae

Just an update for those who are interested!

We got the 3 cabins approved using the ONE Future Cruise Certificate. We have looked at all the Certificates purchased this year including the ones I purchased last month on Radiance and THEY ALL show the old terms & conditions allowing us to book up to 3 cabins on the same ship on the same cruise allowing us all the benefits of $100 each deposit and up to $200 per cabin on board credit.

Though RC state that their T&C's changed from 16 March, their Certificates are still worded with the old T&C's so don't let them bully you into having to use separate Certificates if you're booking extra cabins.

Between the 6 of us, we have 4 Certificates to use with the original T&C's. Should keep us going up to 2018 if we book one cruise each year! Sweet!

Gae

• 1 month later...

I've been checking since the beginning of the month to see if we have been included in the new list of RCI Savings Certificates.

Sorry to say that we have been completely ignored this time around. Most for the Caribbean, lots for Russia but NONE for our region!

Why have we been ignored? With so many more cruiselines competing for our dollar, you would expect that it would be in the company's interest to offer former passengers some savings certificates each quarter.

If you haven't taken advantage of these for your upcoming Royal Caribbean cruises, check out the list that I provided at the beginning of this thread as they don't expire until the end of this month.

Best of luck - Gae