Perry Grant Returning to Eclipse?

Bankshot

He is alive and well on Eclipse, contract signed. He is even sailing on the President's Cruise on Equinox next year.

How many years has Perry Grant contracted to Celebrity. Would he be the longest/continuous contract entertainer and what amount of $$$ would he command for his well attended contract?

How many years has Perry Grant contracted to Celebrity. Would he be the longest/continuous contract entertainer and what amount of $$$ would he command for his well attended contract?

Hi Spartan,

I'm unsure exactly how many years Perry Grant has been with Celebrity, but it's quite a few. I believe it's safe to say he is one of the most tenured Celebrity lounge performers, if not the most.

Please tell me he is in Michael's and not the sky lounge - not a fan. We miss the music in the Sky Lounge nights plus it really messes-up the Elite Happy Hour.

Although he was in Sky Lounge in February, Elite HH ends at 7pm well before he began to play. From many accounts and contacts, he has been playing in Michaels.

It has become a Celebrity S-class pattern not to limit live music in Sky Lounge, preferring to schedule the party band and dancing in the Grand Foyer. It is the reason why we prefer M-class.

It seems that Perry will be on Eclipse for April TA, but not sure if he will be on April 5 sailing.

Andy, do you know anything about it?

Thanks

Hi Isabella,

Let me see what I can find out. Stay Tuned !

Please tell me he is in Michael's and not the sky lounge - not a fan. We miss the music in the Sky Lounge nights plus it really messes-up the Elite Happy Hour.

Looking at the recent pictures Perry has posted on his Facebook page it would appear that he is mostly performing in Michael's Club.

We saw him in Michael's on the Constellation. We thought he was a riot and could watch him every night even though the shows were almost always the same. I think I would prefer the intimacy of Michael's to a larger room like the Sky Lounge. We 'll be on the Reflection this summer so we will miss him all together.

It seems that Perry will be on Eclipse for April TA, but not sure if he will be on April 5 sailing.

Andy, do you know anything about it?

Thanks

Hi Isabella,

My understanding is that Perry's schedule post March 22nd, is unconfirmed at the moment. This is not from Perry, but from a very trusted source. I'm trying to obtain confirmation on Perry's schedule, for March 22nd and beyond.

We are also booked for the Eclipse April 5th sailing, and hope Perry will be onboard. If I hear anything further, I will post on this thread.

We first came across him in July this year on the Eclipse. Someone said 'go and see him, you will love or hate him'. We loved him and went back many times. Very talented and funny and creates a great atmosphere among the audience.

He was in Michael's club at 7.30 for an hour then again at 10pm for up to 2 1/2 hours! He is currently also performing in Michael's club.

An entertainer who delights his fans in Michael's Club, has a very faithful following but has a style that others do not like. You can look him up on You Tube and make up your own mind. If you like his approach you will be standing in line with many others because Michael's Club is generally standing room only. If you don't like his music, he is easy enough to avoid.

Declare first I am not a PG fan - Crass, cheap and vulgar

Regarding it going to Michael's - According to rumor Michael's from 1st Jan 2014 may become the new Elite Plus (VIP) and above Lounge from 17.00 to 20.30

So where will PG and his entourage go?:eek:

Any suggestions from non-PG fans?

Do you remember that old saying....."If you don't have anything nice to say about someone, it's best to say NOTHING.

"If you haven't got anything nice to say about anybody, come sit next to me."

- Alice Roosevelt Longworth

Having seen Perry once on the Constellation and a couple of times on the most recent cruise on The Eclipse I can see why people wish to know whether he will be on their cruise or not. To the detractors I would say that there are plenty of other places to go on the ship in the evening if you don't choose to attend one of his shows. I don't actually see people make disparaging comments about the non-Perry fans.

What I did see was a practised performer entertaining people in his audiences. I saw people enjoying the show and being entertained. I saw some go time after time. I would say for Celebrity that has to be a major plus. He also gives very good value in that after what must have been 2 tiring shows he gives the audiences what they want....ie more and more... one evening he went on til past 12 30 and stayed to chat to the guests who wished to speak with him.

I also noticed Perry abut the ship. Eclipse is a large ship to say the least so to notice him around it means he made the effort to be visible. What I saw was someone who in his own time made the effort not to be a "celebrity" and who probably made some customers' cruises. I would have felt that to be almost pestered by cruisers when trying to have your lunch might be a bridge too far but he took the time and made the effort to make them feel special. He gets top marks for that in my book.

He did tell his audience that he has a web site starting and a Fb page so I would presume that there will be info there as to his schedule. Hope that will give people the info they need. ( I am now saving for the granite work surfaces for my kitchen as the fact that I had bought a granite fireplace surround didn't hack it..... )

Archived