dyed hair and towels

Lovely other

i'm currently in the middle of packing my cases for the flight to rome on monday while waiting for the colour on my hair to take. a thought occurred to me ...my hair colour is semi-permanent so it comes out when i wash it, appearing on every towel i use. will this be a problem onboard? it does wash out of my white towels at home but i don't want to get stung for paying for towels because i've dyed them all pink ... shall i bring my own towel ?

No one that I know of gets whites whiter than a cruise ship.

They keep the Officers dress white jackets immaculate and I remember the days when Officers wore whites in tropical climates they were always sparklingly white. Don't worry. Surely you are not the only guest who uses the hair product you do and if you can get your towels clean, I am sure the ship's laundry can. :)

thanks Sail ..i think i'm having an overly anxious week :rolleyes:

Oooo, I SO hear you!!! Don't worry about their towels.

Let the Executive (formerly Chief) Housekeeper worry!!!

Go and have fun. ;)

Not only did the vibrant red dye in my hair come out in the towels it also came out on the pillow case if I perspired at night. The poor cabin steward probably wondered what is hell was going on.:eek: Now I'm bottle blonde and no longer have that problem.

i'm currently in the middle of packing my cases for the flight to rome on monday while waiting for the colour on my hair to take. a thought occurred to me ...my hair colour is semi-permanent so it comes out when i wash it, appearing on every towel i use. will this be a problem onboard? it does wash out of my white towels at home but i don't want to get stung for paying for towels because i've dyed them all pink ... shall i bring my own towel ?

Think of all the face cloths with make up on them, mine included.

Not only did the vibrant red dye in my hair come out in the towels it also came out on the pillow case if I perspired at night. The poor cabin steward probably wondered what is hell was going on.:eek: Now I'm bottle blonde and no longer have that problem.

Guess we all should all go blonde.........:D:D:D.

I am doing a cruise over Halloween so I will have heavy dark makeup I was thinking of asking if I could get a couple of "older" washcloths for that night.

I wouldn't worry too much. Just use a good make up remover and a ton of their dinky tissues. Don't think they can get them any smaller. Once you have used a make up remover, very little comes off on the facecloth.

I am doing a cruise over Halloween so I will have heavy dark makeup I was thinking of asking if I could get a couple of "older" washcloths for that night.

If you wished, you could bring a few old, used up wash clothes from home and discard them when you are done with them if it disturbs you to use HAL's nice white ones. :)

On longer cruises, I sometimes put a dark semi permanent colour on my hair after a couple of weeks. I borrow one of the dark blue towels from the pool area to dry my hair after the initial application and pop it into the used towel box at the pool afterwards. Never had a problem.

I wouldn't worry too much. Just use a good make up remover and a ton of their dinky tissues. Don't think they can get them any smaller. Once you have used a make up remover, very little comes off on the facecloth.

Bring a packet of makeup remover wipes with you. Every drugstore carries several good brands- a small packet, easy to pack, throwaway. I use one every night at home before washing my face with cleanser and wash cloth.

Bring a packet of makeup remover wipes with you. Every drugstore carries several good brands- a small packet' date=' easy to pack, throwaway. I use one every night at home before washing my face with cleanser and wash cloth.[/quote']

Thanks I will have to do this.. At home I use cheap 12 pk of wash cloths When they no longer come white they get used to wipe dog faces. Just need to keep them straight

If the OP is still concerned about getting the cabin towels dirty, she should purchase a "Turby Twist" or the dollar store equivalent and wrap her hair in that before drying it. In fact, the dollar store equivalent would be my choice, saving the cabin towels for showers, etc.

When removing my make-up, I now bring along a few "baby" washcloths from the dollar store and use them with my face cream. After a few days, I simply toss it and take out another one from my stash. The cabin facecloths stay nice and clean and I don't feel guilty about getting lipstick and mascara all over them.

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

My hair has been dyed/bleached many colors over my lifetime. I now go "natural"/ie: "grey" and have been loving it for many years!!!!

Me too! Since I went grey, three friends did so and are just as happy as I am that we all did it!. Hubby was getting tired of doing my roots!

:eek:

I'd like to dye my hair, but most of it decided it didn't like living on my scalp anymore.....:D:D

That is hilarious!:D:D:D

Bring a packet of makeup remover wipes with you. Every drugstore carries several good brands- a small packet' date=' easy to pack, throwaway. I use one every night at home before washing my face with cleanser and wash cloth.[/quote']

That's exactly what I do & use either "Ponds" or "Oil of Olay" makeup remover towelettes, (whatever is on sale) before washing my face...

Our local pharmacy has their own brand, but I don't care for them..

Betty

Archived