Where can I take my corkage paid wine

cruisingsis

Excuse me if this has been well covered before cos I can't seem to search on the phone app. If I take wine on board Diamond Princess and pay the $15 corkage for my extra bottles where can I drink that wine. I know I can take the bottle in to dinner and if unfinished they will hold it for me. But can I take the bottle into one of the bars? Can I take a full glass of wine out of the restaurant after dinner? Thanks in advance for any help. Jenny

Yes to your questions. The corkage fee is per bottle, just in case you didn't know that. The dining staff may not want their wine glasses disappearing but if you bring it back or get a wine glass from a bar, then that would probably be better. Not sure how picky they are on every ship about their wine glass inventory. Taking the bottle of wine into a bar may get you a few raised eyebrows, but I don't think anyone would say anything about it.

The policy allows for wine to be consumed in any public venue. We bring our own stems with us, so we don't worry about ship's inventory. Here is where we have consumed our wine:

• Explorer's Lounge after dinner watching game shows.
  • Club Fusion after dinner while dancing
  • Princess Theater during shows
  • Skywalkers in the afternoon before dinner
  • By the aft pool. (Wine gets transferred to plastic water bottle and we bring plastic wine glasses).
  • Lounge chairs on the Promenade (with plastic wine glasses)

Pretty much anywhere that people enjoy having beverages, which, on a ship, is pretty much everywhere.

The policy allows for wine to be consumed in any public venue. We bring our own stems with us, so we don't worry about ship's inventory. Here is where we have consumed our wine:

• Explorer's Lounge after dinner watching game shows.
  • Club Fusion after dinner while dancing
  • Princess Theater during shows
  • Skywalkers in the afternoon before dinner
  • By the aft pool. (Wine gets transferred to plastic water bottle and we bring plastic wine glasses).
  • Lounge chairs on the Promenade (with plastic wine glasses)

Pretty much anywhere that people enjoy having beverages, which, on a ship, is pretty much everywhere.

Just of the Grand. Along as the bottle has the corkage paid sticker on it you are allowed to take it to any of the venues above. No questions were asked throughout the ship. I even brought two bottles one night to the Crown Grill.

Just of the Grand. Along as the bottle has the corkage paid sticker on it you are allowed to take it to any of the venues above. No questions were asked throughout the ship. I even brought two bottles one night to the Crown Grill.

sharpie13:

Any mentioned about the Grand dry dock in December. I was told about adding matts to the balconies. Anything else?

Thanks!

Tom:)

sharpie13:

Any mentioned about the Grand dry dock in December. I was told about adding matts to the balconies. Anything else?

Thanks!

Tom:)

Tom,

There was no word while I was aboard. Our balcony on Aloha deck was in great shape, although, the ship could use an exterior coat of paint. Too bad they did not design the Grand with a central public stairway.

I was wondering if they were going to put a sticker or something on them, thanks! Does your allotted free bottle per person get a different sticker?

I was wondering if they were going to put a sticker or something on them, thanks! Does your allotted free bottle per person get a different sticker?

We brought on 7 bottles when we sailed on the Grand a week ago. We paid corkage on 5 and they put the Princess Logo stamps on those bottles. Our friends apparently went to a different table and their stickers were the ones used for tours (orange with a number on it etc). The free bottles didn't get a sticker - so you couldn't use them outside your cabin unless you filled a glass and took it with you :-)

The allotted free bottle gets no sticker and can only be used in your room. At least that is the policy but I am sure if you pour a glass and drink it elsewhere you will no be questioned. WE drank ours on the balcony as we sailed away from each port!

Annoyed.. last yr (june) I brought on 6 bottles no problem..no charge :eek:

CC

Thrilled...There are a whole lot of directions that Princess could have taken this, and they have chosen one that allows for the consumption of personal wines upon payment of a reasonable fee that offsets lost revenue. Win-Win. :cool:

• 2 months later...

Just off Ocean Princess - carried on 4 bottles between the two of us, expecting to pay for two of them; nothing. Got back off ship after lunch and returned with another two bottles from the wine shop in the shopping center across from port - still nothing! We were charged corkage on the bottles we took to the dining room, but kept some to enjoy in the cabin - DH's reward for being patient while I do my hair/makeup :p I guess they haven't rolled out the program on the smaller ships yet?

We brought on 7 bottles when we sailed on the Grand a week ago. We paid corkage on 5 and they put the Princess Logo stamps on those bottles. Our friends apparently went to a different table and their stickers were the ones used for tours (orange with a number on it etc). The free bottles didn't get a sticker - so you couldn't use them outside your cabin unless you filled a glass and took it with you :-)

Of course being honest folks all of us, no one would use a funnel to pour the wine from one of the bottles without a sticker into an empty one with a sticker while aerating the wine. ;)

Edited by mrell345