Allure Boardwalk balcony question

Thanks so much Marc and Wildcatfish for the pictures. I had reserved 8280 outside balcony on the Allure but after seeing these pictures (and $1K less) I've now booked 9729. Not having been on Oasis class yet I think it will be nice to try something different.

I guess I am the exception. I did not care for the promenade balcony. Way too hot, noisy and everyone was always looking up at you. No privacy at all when we did it on the Oasis. When we booked the Allure, went back to the ocean view balcony...ahhhhhhhh MUCH better. Just my opinion. :o

Yep, my thoughts exactly. Loved the ocean view balconys. Just didn't like the huge ship all that much. Whatever we wanted to do was always on the other end of the ship. LOL to much walking. I will stay with smaller ships.

It is nice to read that we will be able to see the Aqua Theater shows from our balcony! I was also thinking that the special balcony at the end of our hall would be a good option for viewing the shows too. Your post helps me to feel even better about my choice...Thank You!!!:D

Even if the view isn't great, its a short walk back to the public decks at the rear if your on the right deck. We had the one at the back of deck 12 to ourselves most evenings.

We are booked in 11329 in May 2015 with others in our group booked in 11327 & 11325. Across the hall our group has the last four the OV balcony cabins. We plan to use the Deck 11 public balcony as our meeting spot and nightly cocktail hour, LOL! Everyone welcome. BYOB (or soda)!:D

Booking so far in advance made it possible to get this block of primo cabins together, but it sure is a long time to wait.:eek:

Glad to hear all the positives about these balconies, will be in 11725 in May 2014. Is the zip-line up there any kind of an issues.\??

If we were on our balcony, we could hear people shouting/screaming as they went by on the zip-line, but in the cabin with the balcony door closed and latched, it was quiet.

I have been in cabins under or nearly under the zip line takeoff and landing areas. I agree with Daghis; I heard them outside, but not inside when the door was closed and latched. I oddly enjoyed being under the takeoff. I could see their toes overhanging the platform as they were positioned for takeoff, then see them zip and land. It is a nice memory unique to this class of ship.

• 3 weeks later...

We will be in 12729 on Allure, Aug 17,'14 and I am SO excited:D We had an Oceanview on the Oasis and I was glad we did since you don't tend to see as much ocean as on other ships. I am, after all, there to see the ocean!

When I saw the Boardwalk Balcony's while on the Oasis I knew I had to have one! I get to see the ocean, aft and the Aqua Theater. So, I warned DH that if I came across another BB on the end I was grabbing it! And I did;)

Thanks for sharing pic's!

I was in 12723 on Allure this past May and I have nothing but great things to say about it. The location was awesome and very little noise. Here is a pic from our balcony.

hejysemu.jpg

Our bed was on the balcony side which means the cabin on either side of us would have the couch next to the balcony door.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk